Anniversary

STORMO! Gallery updates and the latest News from the Model, Resin, Decal and PE Manufactures
emanuele
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Anniversary

Post by emanuele » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:13 am

Regio decreto 645 28th march 1923 the "Regia Aeronautica" was born.

Buon anniversario ...

Emanuele

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes indeed, Happy 89th Anniversary :)
Vince Tassone

Aeroal
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Regia Aeronautica Anniversary

Post by Aeroal » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:23 am

I spent the 29th wandering through the hangars at Vigna di Valle, completely unaware of this. There was no sign of any festivities having taken place.

This was an absolutely superb museum in a magnificent setting on the shores of the beautiful Lago di Bracciano. Aeronautical heaven. I was highly impressed, both with the aircraft, and with the beautifully displayed historical artifacts. The numerous medal displays of those such as Generale Cat, were simply stunning. I managed to get answers to the many queries I have had for years.

If you have not visited the museum, I would say unreservedly that it is wonderful. My camera nearly went into photographic meltdown! The only irritation is that the RO37 has been taken to Malpensa/Volandia for a few weeks before coming to Bracciano, dammit! Hopefully I will get to see it one day.

Regards to all,

Aeroal.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I guess Italians are still dealing with Fascism's past and as a result no pomp or ceremony to commemorate the birth of the RA, at least not for another generation or two. If you have a chance to read the Black Prince, in it you'll find Junio Valerio Borghese and his connection to a planned fascist coup in Italy in 1970.
Vince Tassone