STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Tauro Decal Question
tanker149805
Pilota

Hello,
I have two Tauro 1/48 RA national insignia decal sheets 48-518 and 48-555. My question concerns the white outline wing fasces. All my references show no useage of any of these wing markings on RA bombers. Tauro decal placement guide teases one with an overhead wing image of an SM-79, but with no squadron markings or other reference guide. Can anyone shed some light on the useage of these unusual markings in bomber squadrons? Particularly on color schemes and actual squadron use? Thanks to all. Jeff
Re: Tauro Decal Question
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

tanker149805 wrote:
Hello,
I have two Tauro 1/48 RA national insignia decal sheets 48-518 and 48-555. My question concerns the white outline wing fasces. All my references show no useage of any of these wing markings on RA bombers. Tauro decal placement guide teases one with an overhead wing image of an SM-79, but with no squadron markings or other reference guide. Can anyone shed some light on the useage of these unusual markings in bomber squadrons? Particularly on color schemes and actual squadron use? Thanks to all. Jeff

Tauro & SKY Models added these "extras" in some of their Regia Aeronautica Italia decal sheets alas without documentation of their application. The White Outline variety could had been painted on black underside painted aircraft particularly bombers though absent publicly available photographic sources only the decal makers knew for sure and of course we'd love to see them! Just keep your sheets handy like I do, "miracles" occasionally do happen!
Tauro Decal Question