STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
A Caproni Vizzola F5 headache
orville59
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Hello friends, I annoy you again for I have started a new project, it is the Caproni Vizzola F5 of Kora Models, and as I said in the post, it is a headache for two reasons, the first is because I never think there is little information and the second is for the kit itself, so if someone has information about camouflage and prototype badges during 1940-41 or plans, or whatever they have on hand will be well received, a few weeks ago I was in the archives of the Caproni Vizzola factory in Malpensa and no luck since the files were closed

many thanks Raul.
Caproni Vizzola F.5 Information
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Y'all got two discussion threads going so will post on both.

There are numerous period photos & kit builds of the Caproni Vizzola F.5 up on the Internet. Others here at STORMO know for sure but outside of the Wikipedia entries do believe monograph(s) of the F.4, F5, F.6M & F.6Z have been printed over the years no doubt sourcing for the Wikis, I now invite them to help y'all out further.

I've built all the LF/Kora Models Caproni Vizzola F. Fabrizi series resin kits, bit of a challenge particularly the F.5, i.e. accuracy issues viz. incorrect landing gear door shapes. Here are photos of my Caproni Vizzola model builds along with my conjectured Reggiane Re.2004 prototype build utilizing LF Models F.6Z parts:

Caproni Vizzola F.4, F.5, F.6M, F.6Z - LF/Kora Models

Conjectured Reggiane Re.2004 Prototype - LF Models Reggiane Re.2005 & Caproni Vizzola F.6Z Model Kit Bash

Artistic License admittedly was employed with some builds, i.e. "non-standard technology" decals gave out, didn't want to beg LF to send me replacement decal sheets, they weren't my best builds either but did greatly appreciate how easy it was to create the Reggiane Re.2004 with the LF Re.2005 & F.6Z kits.
mistermaquette
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Wonderful and incredibile collection Shocked

Ciao Enrico

Comandante di Gruppo

Ciao Enrico: thank you for your photos, where did you get the information for the F 5, what is on the Wiki is very little, only I have the flight manual and the N5 of the F5
More On The Caproni Vizzola F.5...
Retired In Kalifornia

orville59 wrote:
Ciao Enrico: thank you for your photos, where did you get the information for the F 5, what is on the Wiki is very little, only I have the flight manual and the N5 of the F5

I'd put up the photos Wink

Wikipedia sources:

- > F.4 Green, William, and Gordon Swanborough. The Complete Book of Fighters: An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Every Fighter Aircraft Built and Flown. New York: SMITHMARK Publishers, 1994. ISBN 0-8317-3939-8.

- > F.5 That Above Plus Donald, David, ed. (1997). The Encyclopedia of World Aircraft. Prospero Books. p. 232. ISBN 1-85605-375-X.

- > F.6 Both Above Plus Pietro Prato: Caccia Caproni Reggiane 1938-1945, Interconair, Genf, 1971 (Italian).

Also Thompson, Jonathan W. (1963). Italian Civil and Military aircraft 1930-1945. USA: Aero Publishers Inc. ISBN 0-8168-6500-0. LCCN 63-17621.

Other Internet Sources With Interesting Photos:

italie1935-45.com Caproni Vizzola F.5

Interesting Front Left Facebook Photo Of F.5 Prototype
A Caproni Vizzola F5 headache