STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
SAI 207 and Ambrosini 403
rfortina
Pilota

Hello everybody.
I am new in "Stormo", so maybe this is not the right forum for my questions...
I am looking for detailed plans, sections and profiles of SAI 207 and/or Ambrosini 403 DARDO. The best drawings I have are published in Aerofan and other Giorgio Apostolo publications of the Bancarella Aeronautica of Torino ("The dream of the light fighter"). But all the drawings have no fuselage and wing sections, and very few cockpit, wheel bay, etc. pictures.
Some RC scale drawings are available, but in my opinion they are all incorrect.
I am trying to build a 1/32 scale kit of these two birds; the only kit I know are in 1/48 and 1/72 (resin and plastic), but I don't like them very much....
Finally, I've been searching for the "Manuale Nomenclatore" of these 2 planes, but it seems they don't exist anymore.
Anybody can help?
Thank you very much
Riccardo
ambrosini 207
Rick
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Dear Friend
It is very hard to find documentation about SAI 207; I attach some images that can help you even if they belong to similar airplanes; the cockpit image refers to the SAI 107 cockpit, but I think the SAI 207 one was very similar. I attach also three images of the landing gear bay I took on the SAI S7 at Vigna di Valle Museum; also in this case I think there were no great differences; I never know the existence of Manuale and Catalogo about this plane, at the moment,but I hope they will be found in the next future. Let me know if you are interested in this kind of documentation, I have some thing else: a question : do you have the booklet " Ali d'Italia serie mini n9 SAI Ambrosini 207 e derivati" edito dalla Bancarella aeronautica in 2005 ? Let me know because I have it and, if necessary I can provide some images.

Best regards
Riccardo Trotta

Pilota

Hi Riccardo
Thanks for the pictures. Yes, I have the Ali d'Italia "SAI 207" and the Giorgio Apostolo's Aerofan with some articles on SAI 207 and Dardo ("The illusion of the light fighter"). What I am searching for are sections of the fuselage and wings. Somebody at LF model in the Czech Republic did the 207 and the Dardo in 1/72 and 1/48 scale: I was wondering where did he get plans and sections...Anyway, any picture of SAI 7, 107, 207 and 403 are welcome.
I am searching also for pictures of 207, G50 and C200 in the ANR.
Ciao
Riccardo
Ambrosini airplanes
Rick

What I did not understand is if you want me to send you some other images even if they concern all the wooden planes produced by Ambrosini. Furthermore, concerning S7 I have the firm manuals, issued in the 50's; let me know if you are interested: I could send them to webmaster and he could send them to you. Let me know if you agree.
Riccardo

Pilota

Hi
yes, please send me images of other wooden planes produced by Ambrosini. Concerning the manual of the S7, it would be great if you can send me a copy!
Thank you very much
Ciao
Riccardo
immagini S7
Rick

I attach two other images of the Vigna di Valle S7 landing gear bay

And some S7 original constructive drawings

Pilota

Very interesting
Thank you very much
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

For anyone having trouble viewing the drawings, zoom out (ctrl + -) in your browser or download the files from here (right mouse button on the image and click "Save image...") and then use Windows Photo Viewer (or double click the file). I didn't resize the images because there's allot contained in them.