STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
SUPERMODEL CANT Z.506B/1007bis Builds Report No.21
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

- > Cockpit Canopy, Bombardier & Rear Ventral Observation Transparencies glued on Fuselage sanding & smoothing completed though several spots required more puttying, sanding & smoothing.
- > Entire Fuselage & Engine Cowlings painted Humbrol 125 U.S. Satin Dark Grey + 36% Testors Flat White enamels replicating Grigio Azzurro Scuro 3 were set aside to dry.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm already loving it! Vince Biondi will like this one.

Editor wrote:
I'm already loving it! Vince Biondi will like this one.

Out 'n Bout mostly today, will resume modeling work tomorrow. Annual Cameron Park Old Cars & Airplanes show today, few airplanes on display unlike previous years, no airplane rides either. Its held at the Cameron Air Park housing tract next to Cameron Park Airport, wide roadways for airplane taxiing, U.S. $5 "Donation" for parking, I of course parked elsewhere & hoofed it puff, puff.
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

The US is the best for those kinds of shows. I was at the Wings Over Houston Show many years ago when I was at Clear Lake, across the street from Johnson Space Center, I was on the I10 as I recall, when a Blue Angle F18 buzzed over my car, it was an incredible rumble and the car shock fantastically. Later during the day I saw a F15 go vertical and disappear into the sky, a B17 and an A6M - the usual modern US hardware on display on the ground, choppers etc. I can talk about these shows all day, but you have to see one to understand why these shows are so popular. The guys in the office, mostly military said the show I saw pailed in comparison to oshkosh. Is Devin Nunes in your district ?

Editor wrote:
The US is the best for those kinds of shows. I was at the Wings Over Houston Show many years ago when I was at Clear Lake, across the street from Johnson Space Center, I was on the I10 as I recall, when a Blue Angle F18 buzzed over my car, it was an incredible rumble and the car shock fantastically. Later during the day I saw a F15 go vertical and disappear into the sky, a B17 and an A6M - the usual modern US hardware on display on the ground, choppers etc. I can talk about these shows all day, but you have to see one to understand why these shows are so popular. The guys in the office, mostly military said the show I saw pailed in comparison to oshkosh. Is Devin Nunes in your district ?

Saw the Blue Angels practice & perform in the San Francisco Bay Area over the decades only full performance I'd seen was at Alameda Naval Air Station on April 22, 1967. Angels were flying Grumman F-11 Tigers, only could do low-level acrobatics because of heavy overcast. The U.S.S. ORISKANY CV-34 was docked there, dispatched two F-8 Crusaders, only time I'd seen & heard airplanes going supersonic up close & personal. Other aircraft flew acrobatics, including an ex-navy Temco TT Pinto performing a going vertical after takeoff climb though the clouds. There was a UH-1 Huey "Fire Team Landing" simulation with pyrotechnics near the main runway, timely given the Vietnam War then was at its height. Most impressive for me was an all lemon-colored P-38 doing a very low-level triple barrel roll with BOTH engines off, audience gasps from all!

Devin Nunes represents the 22nd District: Eastern Fresno, Clovis, Tulare & Visalia et. al. numerous San Joaquin Valley towns & villages. Strongly conservative farm country he represents surpassed only by oil-rich Kern County with Bakersfield at center, got relatives there, good Conservatives. I'm represented by Tom McClintock 4th District: Southern Gold Country to Sequoia National Forest though 80%+ of population base is Southern Placer County (Lincoln, Roseville, Rocklin, Penryn, Newcastle, Auburn), Eastern Sacramento County (Folsom) all of El Dorado County (El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, Placerville, South Lake Tahoe), neither are in serious jeopardy of being ousted by Democrats though Nancy Pelosi has animus against McClintock bordering on insanity. Grotesque nay lurid mailers attacking him flood my mailbox during elections won't even use them as model paint drip paper!

Last edited by Retired In Kalifornia on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

The F15 I saw go vertical did exactly that, straight off of takeoff, vertical and into the clouds and gone, it was an incredible sight, never forget it - a powerful plane, I can't describe it with words, you have to witness it.

Its actually spelt Nunes (I love that guy, he's a hero like Graham of SC this week), its a Portuguese surname, like Mendes, Tavares etc Mendez, Tavarez, Nunez would have a Spanish pedigree (z=Spanish, s-Portugese) Smile Nunes was on Judge Jeanine tonight for 2 segments.

Editor wrote:
The F15 I saw go vertical did exactly that, straight off of takeoff, vertical and into the clouds and gone, it was an incredible sight, never forget it - a powerful plane, I can't describe it with words, you have to witness it.

Its actually spelt Nunes (I love that guy, he's a hero like Graham of SC this week), its a Portuguese surname, like Mendes, Tavares etc Mendez, Tavarez, Nunez would have a Spanish pedigree (z=Spanish, s-Portugese) Smile Nunes was on Judge Jeanine tonight for 2 segments.

Oops on Nunes Embarassed Watch The Judge religiously often see Steve Hilton's show on Sundays too but some of his panel guests are flaming idiots. Hannity use to get flamers during Hannity & Colmes days, Tucker Carlson goes out of way to have them on his show, bully-bash them to pieces with logic. Laura Ingraham though good grates on me, freak'n out whenever a November election poll befalls doom for the Republicans only goes so far. Hannity's pushing hard to get out the Conservative vote; taking clues from him & Rush Limbaugh if there's gonna be trouble.
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hilton is a bit flat, I don't see his show going prime-time anytime soon, his wife is actually a Facebook exec and he regularly trashes the company lol I like Hannity's regulars, dershowitz, digenova, Gregg Jarrett, andy mccarthy but I can only take him in small doses like glen beck (who seems to have disappeared), a bit hard to watch because he pushes the limits of plausibility although his guests don't. I agree Hannity does a good job of getting out the conservative vote - firing them up. Probably had something to do with Trump's win in 2016.

I like Tucker's show because he articulates an intelligent conservative position better than anyone on conservative tv but he too stretches the limit of plausibility at times. I always thought Tucker should have been a lawyer and he recently revealed that he applied to law school but was rejected - possibly a victim of affirmative action - it must gall him with the lawyers he gets on the show that he routinely out-argues, Affirmative action = lowering the standards. Apparently Tucker is the beneficiary of some fortune or some family empire in the past. Tucker gets good guests too the most notable being Mark Steyn as well as bongino and digenova of late. I don't like it when he name calls and laughs at people, seems a bit juvenile and hurts his case - someone should have a chat with him.

We don't get Rush up here but he gives me a headache and I can't stand Mark Levine, he's always going off like he's got something stuck up his rear-end permanently and he's always reading off his notes while he's going off like a madman - he's way over rated. Like the Five, Cavuto, Pirro, Bream is ok. Like Ben Shapiro another good smart conservative advocate. Watters is pure entertainment, liked him better when he was a prop for Bill O'Reilly.

Editor wrote:
Hilton is a bit flat, I don't see his show going prime-time anytime soon, his wife is actually a Facebook exec and he regularly trashes the company lol I like Hannity's regulars, dershowitz, digenova, Gregg Jarrett, andy mccarthy but I can only take him in small doses like glen beck (who seems to have disappeared), a bit hard to watch because he pushes the limits of plausibility although his guests don't. I agree Hannity does a good job of getting out the conservative vote - firing them up. Probably had something to do with Trump's win in 2016.

I like Tucker's show because he articulates an intelligent conservative position better than anyone on conservative tv but he too stretches the limit of plausibility at times. I always thought Tucker should have been a lawyer and he recently revealed that he applied to law school but was rejected - possibly a victim of affirmative action - it must gall him with the lawyers he gets on the show that he routinely out-argues, Affirmative action = lowering the standards. Apparently Tucker is the beneficiary of some fortune or some family empire in the past. Tucker gets good guests too the most notable being Mark Steyn as well as bongino and digenova of late. I don't like it when he name calls and laughs at people, seems a bit juvenile and hurts his case - someone should have a chat with him.

We don't get Rush up here but he gives me a headache and I can't stand Mark Levine, he's always going off like he's got something stuck up his rear-end permanently and he's always reading off his notes while he's going off like a madman - he's way over rated. Like the Five, Cavuto, Pirro, Bream is ok. Like Ben Shapiro another good smart conservative advocate. Watters is pure entertainment, liked him better when he was a prop for Bill O'Reilly.

Glen Beck's radio show is A.M. here in the States, literally watched him go insane during his FOX News gig years back.

Tucker Carlson's dad is Richard Warner Carlson, former Los Angeles news anchor, Seychelles U.S. ambassador, Corporation For Public Broadcasting President, Voice of America Director, birth mom Lisa McNear Lombardi, step mom Patricia Caroline Swanson heiress to the Swanson frozen-food fortune, niece of the Missouri born former racial segregationist, anti-Vietnam War Democratic Party Senator J. William Fulbright.

Been listening to Rush since 1984 though not daily till November 2015, he and Hannity are my Early Warning System whenever things go downhill for U.S. Conservatives. Rush's God-Given Punishment was loosing his hearing partially over prescription pain killer abuse well as the 2012 Sandra Fluke incident nearly nixing his gig, he's my age so both of us will be history at some point. Should Rush have to promptly retire from broadcasting Mark Steyn's odds on bet for inheriting his - Rush's - U.S. national broadcasting time slot.

Like Jeanine Pirro though she'd made factual legal errors of late (e.g. Maryland law "having no limitation on rape prosecutions" in conjunction with Brett Cavanaugh, read it depends on the rape category), don't like The Five especially Dana Perino nor Neil Cavuto, used to like him but "speaks sideways" to point of being annoying plus he like Ben Shapiro IMHO had been down on Trump though Shapiro's been warming up to possibly supporting him in 2020. Waters is entertainment; Bill O'Reilly got his just desserts being fired from FOX for alleged improprieties, Hannity fought against his and won, so did Charles V. Payne who'd admitted having affairs with his accuser.
Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

I agree with most of what you said. However Hannity is a broken record says the same thing over and over for months. Di Genova is the best. None the less I am angry that none of the crocked are going to jail, especially Hillary.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Fiore
Retired In Kalifornia

Vincent Fiore wrote:
I agree with most of what you said. However Hannity is a broken record says the same thing over and over for months. Di Genova is the best. None the less I am angry that none of the crocked are going to jail, especially Hillary.

I've learned to tune-out Hannity's repeating. Hillary never is going to jail for anything, "Willie" couldn't even be removed from office in 1999. "The Swamp" continues to rule though some of is heretofore out-of-view critters are being lifted out of the muck viz. Peter Strzok & Lisa Page. Jeff Sessions could had forthwith fired these political lovebirds but instead "buried" them inside U.S. DoJ's molasses-slow personnel discipline process. Di Genova caught fire throughout the Cavanaugh confirmation debacle, heard he'd had a short temper, certainly knows how to use it to effect. Laura Ingraham flubbed bad when she'd hosted the very short lived "Just In" show on FOX News years back, was surprised they'd picked her up again for the 10 P.M. Eastern slot.

There are absolutely no national TV alternatives to FOX News & Business, alone they are supposedly taking Conservative reporting positions though good deal of their programming doesn't appeal to me. The Internet is where I get most of my hard news supplemented by Conservative Talk Radio though much of it is blather.

Speaking of The Internet, acknowledged World Wide Web (WWW) inventor Tim Berners-Lee who's years younger than I has been quietly working on a "secure" alternative to The Web he claims will give users absolute personal control of their on-line identities & information. Even if his claims are half believable we're in for the greatest communications revolution since he'd created the WWW, can't wait!

Last edited by Retired In Kalifornia on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Vincent Biondi

Lovely aircraft!
I built one of these seaplanes about 18 years ago and entered it in a local model contest in Calgary.
I took first prize in its category and received many compliments from fellow modelers.
Rick Chin, RIP, one of the best modelers I have ever known owned a store called Uncle Bill's Models. He liked it so much that I donated the plane to him so he could display it amongst the other models in his large glass case.
It sure was a head turner when people would go the store and see it displayed.
The plane was a supermodel kit and I enjoyed building it.
Looking forward to your finished product!

Last edited by Vincent Biondi on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Biondi
Retired In Kalifornia

Vincent Biondi wrote:
Lovely aircraft!
I built one of these seaplanes about 18 years ago and entered it in a local model contest in Calgary.
I took first prize in its category and received many compliments from fellow modelers.
Rick Chin, RIP, one of the best modelers I have ever known owned a store called Uncle Bill's Models. He liked it so much that I donated the plane to him so he could display it amongst the other models in his large glass case.
It sure was an head turner when people would go the store and see it displayed.
Th plane was a supermodel kit and I enjoyed building it.
Looking forward to your finished product!

Can tell y'all now it will not be good as your build. Still fretting over how to weather the thing; getting back to work on it momentarily, need to select which war movie to listen to whilst working on it today...
SUPERMODEL CANT Z.506B/1007bis Builds Report No.22
Retired In Kalifornia

- > Mainwing, Aileron, Tailplane, Elevator undersides painted Testors Model Master 1726 Light Sea Gray + 36% Testors Flat White enamels replicating Grigio Azzurro Chiaro (GAC) 1 today September 30th.

- > Fuselage Undersides to be painted GAC 1 tomorrow.
SUPERMODEL CANT Z.506B/1007bis Builds Report No.23
Retired In Kalifornia

- > Fuselage Undersides painted in sections with Testors Model Master 1726 Light Sea Gray + 36% Testors Flat White enamels replicating Grigio Azzurro Chiaro (GAC) 1 today October 1st, acute angle Mainwing Shoulder curvatures made for difficult spray paint masking for & aft off them.

- > Z.506B modeled will be 171-8 Squadriglia Ricognizione Marittima Aviazione ausiliaria della Regia Marina rendered on Tauro Decals Sheet 72-534.

- > Decal Instruction Sheet side profile art shows GAC 1-painted floats following waterlines ala those on Internet photos of some Z.506Bs the model floats painted similarly today.

- > Engine Cowling Undersides also painted GAC 1.
RIK's 1/72 Scale Italian Aircraft Model Collection