STORMO! Forum Index


STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic

Who will win Congress 2018?
Republicans hold the Senate and the House
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Republicans lose the Senate and the House
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Republicans hold the House but lose the Senate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Republicans hold the Senate but lose the House
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Who will win Congress 2018?
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 1983
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Reply with quote
Tuesday Nov 06, 2018 is an important date in US politics as voters go to the polls for their mid-term elections to determine the fate of Congress. What do you think will happen? Vote!

_________________
Vince Tassone
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Editor
Re: Who will win Congress 2018?
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
Editor wrote:
Tuesday Nov 06, 2018 is an important date in US politics as voters go to the polls for their mid-term elections to determine the fate of Congress. What do you think will happen? Vote!

- > Republicans Gain One-Three Senate Seats

- > Republicans loose House by One-Seven or retain House by One-Two Seats.

- > Dems could loose four House seats, two in Minnesota (1st & 8th Districts latter a plus-odds gain) one each New Hampshire & Nevada, don't know if pollsters have factored these in their projected House seat changes.

- > Dems will gain seats in California, likely 4 of 7 being targeted as having gone for Hillary in 2016.

New York uber-lib Michael Bloomberg has poured gazillions in flipping California Congressional Seats 45th District in particular being vacated by Darryl Issa; classic Upscale California Costal Region, i.e. lotta rich folk, Gavin Newsom & Kamela Harris there plus large "Hollywood" contingent.

Newsome will be elected CA Governor but by how much against John Cox I'd like to know, doesn't have "Moombeam's" political savvy nor abrasive combativeness, fully expect him to face stiff reelection challenges in 2022. Kamela wants to be president, may flame-out in 2020 along with Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren et. al. Che Guevara-ish Marxists (they're not yet Maoists but are close).

"Hollywood" is in full campaign mode this election cycle, e.g. The Oprah promoting Stacey Abrams for Georgia Governor, making amends it seems for not campaigning for Hillary in 2016, meanwhile still waiting for "Hollywood" to make that prop-gaff-free WWII movie, Twelve O'clock High (1949) coming close except for this:



(Incorrect masking of the White Star, tips should touch the circle edges per period specs)


Last edited by Retired In Kalifornia on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Location: Niagara On The Lake, On. Canada
Reply with quote
One thing to remember in this election is that the most important issue for people on both sides is Health Care!

From what I have been seeing on the News, MSNBC, CNN PBS, when people are polled, Health Care is the number one issue!

I think that the Senate will lose 1-3 Repubblicans and the House will gain 21-30 Democrat seats.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Biondi
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
Vincent Biondi wrote:
One thing to remember in this election is that the most important issue for people on both sides is Health Care!

From what I have been seeing on the News, MSNBC, CNN PBS, when people are polled, Health Care is the number one issue!

I think that the Senate will lose 1-3 Republicans and the House will gain 21-30 Democrat seats.

No way Dems get the Senate, not with three of their seats loosing bad in the polls, i.e. Donnelly, McCaskill, Tester. Repubs might pick up NJ, Menendez is facing more criminal indictments. Dems will gain at least 15 house seats all of Pennsylvania's for sure no thanks to their corrupt legislature, California's is way worse BTW. Even if Pelosi is speaker again doesn't me she'll immediately commence Trump & Kavanaugh impeachment proceedings, neither will be voted out by the Senate, 67 senators needed for that. Dems would be facing cataclysmic electoral defeat in 2020, Trump et. al. will pound them mercilessly meantime particularly if they obstruct him on border control, i.e. "caravans" breeching the southern border because Dems refuse to fund our security agencies.
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 1983
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Reply with quote
Retired In Kalifornia wrote:
Vincent Biondi wrote:
One thing to remember in this election is that the most important issue for people on both sides is Health Care!

From what I have been seeing on the News, MSNBC, CNN PBS, when people are polled, Health Care is the number one issue!

I think that the Senate will lose 1-3 Republicans and the House will gain 21-30 Democrat seats.

No way Dems get the Senate, not with three of their seats loosing bad in the polls, i.e. Donnelly, McCaskill, Tester. Repubs might pick up NJ, Menendez is facing more criminal indictments. Dems will gain at least 15 house seats all of Pennsylvania's for sure no thanks to their corrupt legislature, California's is way worse BTW. Even if Pelosi is speaker again doesn't me she'll immediately commence Trump & Kavanaugh impeachment proceedings, neither will be voted out by the Senate, 67 senators needed for that. Dems would be facing cataclysmic electoral defeat in 2020, Trump et. al. will pound them mercilessly meantime particularly if they obstruct him on border control, i.e. "caravans" breeching the southern border because Dems refuse to fund our security agencies.


Immigration or more precisely illegal immigration is a major issue for conservatives in the US - its a rallying cry. Can you imagine if you had a caravan (caravans) of americans crashing our borders illegally, how Canadians would feel about that ... oh wait ... that did happen about 10 yrs ago when US citizens were being bused into Canada for free healthcare, and how did Canadians respond ... just like Republicans (ie., get them out, how charitable of Canadians)! And yet our media loves to lecture American's about (illegal) immigration - our media is just as bad as CNN/MSNBC if not worse.

Early voting is off the charts with Republicans actually leading, it should be interesting but don't count out dirty democrat (liberal) tactics including voter fraud.

_________________
Vince Tassone
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Editor
JeffZ
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 122
Location: NY, USA
Reply with quote
Politics down here has become somewhat of a sporting event. I think the best (or worst) part of this year's mid-terms is Obama campaigning, and by the way breaking every presidential protocol by doing so, and claiming credit for Trump's economy when he spent almost 8 years (2 terms) blaming Bush for the worst economic recovery in our nation's history under 2% GDP - the gall of this man.
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by JeffZ
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
JeffZ wrote:
Politics down here has become somewhat of a sporting event. I think the best (or worst) part of this year's mid-terms is Obama campaigning, and by the way breaking every presidential protocol by doing so, and claiming credit for Trump's economy when he spent almost 8 years (2 terms) blaming Bush for the worst economic recovery in our nation's history under 2% GDP - the gall of this man.

Don't be surprised if Trump campaigns in 2024 whilst a lame duck for whomever Republican candidate (won't be Pence IMHO) assuming of course he's reelected in 2020 which right now looks quite likely unless catastrophe befalls him from any cause(s). Teddy "Bull Moose Progressive" Roosevelt ran against fellow establishment Republican William Howard Taft in 1912, Trump could do that against a popular "anti-Trumpist" Republican thus ensuring the Dems get the White House, regardless he - Trump - will be a force in U.S. politics into the 3rd Decade of the 21st Century still at the dawn of the 3rd Millennium, or if your on the Holocene Calendar the 121st Century still at the dawn of the 13th Millennium (just might also have to put an "HC" date on my tombstone).
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
A Related Post...
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
FOX News well as CNN, MSNBC et. al. banned this political ad:

Breitbart: Fox News Will No Longer Run Trump Caravan Ad

But lest we forget this pre-Public Internet gem:

YouTube: Willie Horton 1988 Attack Ad

And the greatest "Fear Of Nuclear War" ad of them all:

YouTube: Famous "Daisy" Attack Ad from 1964 Presidential Election

Plus OH SO MANY others over the last 55-plus years I've seen...but before logging off don't forget this commercial promotion wonder:

YouTube: Charlotte McKinney - Carls Jr Ad Commercial - Super Bowl XLIX 2015 - The All Natural Burger

Makes me think twice chomping down that Famous Star Embarassed
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 1983
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Reply with quote
The Carl's Jr ad was pretty funny, I think it was first released as part of a Superbowl ad a few years ago and got me going to Carl's Jr up here although their burgers aren't that good (reminds me of Burger King), Five Guy's is way better and Fuddruckers is my all time favorite (in Houston) as well the now long departed Fatso's in TO. Another great burger joint in TO was Fat Phils.

The US has changed allot from the Willie Horton ad and such an ad today, although relevant and true would be treated as racist or some other kind of outrage. Trump is just trying to save the US (and the West, minus Italy, since Italy has come to its senses) from itself.

_________________
Vince Tassone
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Editor
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
Editor wrote:
The Carl's Jr ad was pretty funny, I think it was first released as part of a Superbowl ad a few years ago and got me going to Carl's Jr up here although their burgers aren't that good (reminds me of Burger King), Five Guy's is way better and Fuddruckers is my all time favorite (in Houston) as well the now long departed Fatso's in TO. Another great burger joint in TO was Fat Phils.

The US has changed allot from the Willie Horton ad and such an ad today, although relevant and true would be treated as racist or some other kind of outrage. Trump is just trying to save the US (and the West, minus Italy, since Italy has come to its senses) from itself.

My favorite burger joint is Tom's Burgers in Placerville, not been there for a while.

Trump isn't "Saving The U.S.A." rather reminding folks like me that Washington's "The Swamp" and he's trying to drain it unlike real swamps which are important habitats through whatever legal means possible, something the Dems & Never Trumpers are literally fighting for their lives to keep in place. Trump alone can't drain it, will take generations of voters committed to doing so, only can pray this effort continues after he leaves office. Trump won't wean State & Local governments off of Federal government largesse so that'll have to await a "Trump 2.0" political figure of which I'll be watching to come on the scene, for sure I'm thoroughly enjoying myself watching Trump out maneuver his opponents "The Media" in particular, unprecedented save for Andy Jackson who was even more abrasive against "The Media" of his day.
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Location: Niagara On The Lake, On. Canada
Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds like there are lot of Republicans on this forum.

Vince refresh my memory, I do not recall the bus full of Ameicans coming to Canada who got free medical 10 years ago.

Remember, that this time there will be record number of voters for a mid term and a large majority of the women will vote Democrat!!!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Biondi
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 1983
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Reply with quote
A few years ago during Obama's time, US senior citizens were being bused across the Manitoba and Saskatchewan borders seeking free health care (coming from US mid-west), apparently there existed a loop hole in our laws that allowed for free healthcare under circumstances. Immediate outcry in our media (you know the usual anti-American bias in our media and current Liberal government) and they closed it off. The same Canadian media now lecturing the US that it should accept illegal immigration across its own borders.

_________________
Vince Tassone
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Editor
Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Location: Niagara On The Lake, On. Canada
Reply with quote
Ok. Thanks.
But I am confused. In the States senior citizens get free health care under Medicare, so why would they want to go to Canada, when it was free in their country anyway?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Biondi
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
Vincent Biondi wrote:
Ok. Thanks.
But I am confused. In the States senior citizens get free health care under Medicare, so why would they want to go to Canada, when it was free in their country anyway?

Medicare is NOT "free", its supposedly an "insurance program" current premium is U.S. $134 monthly going up to $135.50 January 1st. Most Medicare "subscribers" (its not a "mandatory" program unlike what Obamacare was, or maybe again now that Nancy Pelosi's House Speaker in January) are on Social Security, the premiums taken "off the top", but I'm not, must pay $402 quarterly "out of pocket" for it - Medicare. The Democrats want "Medicare For All", that ain't gonna happen, Medicare already is facing bankruptcy by time I'm 80 not that long from now, what you will see now is Trump "Art Of The Dealing" with Pelosi maybe on an Obamacare-Lite "fix", she'll have to "play ball with him and the Senate to get any of the Dem's agenda into law.
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
Dems Win House, Repubs Expand Senate Seat Leade
Retired In Kalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 412
Location: Cameron Park, California
Reply with quote
- > Democrats will likely gain 36 seats - a 13 seat majority - but will be amongst the smallest off-year net seat gain following a presidential election in decades by them or Republicans.

- > Most seats lost were in "deep blue" Illinois, New Jersey, New York, "blue" Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia.

- > Seven seats in "deep blue" California will be flipped marking the greatest loss of Republican House seats in any one state nationwide and amongst the most ever lost in that state.

- > Three "new" Republican Senate seats were gained though depending on final vote tallies for incumbents could be less.

- > U.S. Mainstream Media is trumpeting this a "Trump Defeat" though this won't be realized till the next Congress is seated in January. Ronald Reagan & George H.R. Bush had to "negotiate" with Tip O'Neal's Democrat House but they did get important legislation passed, Nancy Pelosi, only surpassed by Maxine Waters, is a rabid Trump Hater BUT she's no dummy when it comes to getting "mutually beneficial" legislation passed - watch closely how she & Trump "get along" hereon. This likely will be Nancy's last term as House Speaker, she'll want to "leave a legacy" whatever THAT may be, damn better not be a Civil War!

I'm super-concerned about the Dems going full bore on impeaching Trump & Kavanaugh; Maxine has promised "payback" against banks so I'll need to call my broker soon to see how much "exposure" I've got in my portfolio!


Last edited by Retired In Kalifornia on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageFind all posts by Retired In Kalifornia
Who will win Congress 2018?
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 7 Hours  
Page 1 of 3  

  
  
 Reply to topic  

Please contact me with any questions or suggestions
webm...@stormomagazine.com