Aeronautica Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera Art Rendering

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Aeronautica Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera Art Rendering

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:15 pm

Aeronautica Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera Vs. North American P-82B

Twins Tango - A Regia Aeronautica Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera
Rudely Dispatches A U.S.A.A.F. North American P-82B
Somewhere Over The Algerian/Tunisian Border, August 28, 1945

A not too ridiculous combat scene had Axis forces remained in North Africa past spring 1943, a Regia Aeronautica Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera (twin fuselage) long range fighter rudely dispatches a "tropicalized" U.S.A.A.F. North American P-82B Twin Mustang attack aircraft over the Algerian/Tunisian Border in August 1945.

Graphic images of the C.205 Bifusoliera were provided to me by Mr. Ferdinando D'Amico in December 1997, presumably based on wartime Aeronautica Macchi (also known as AerMacchi, especially after WWII) drawings depicting a twin fuselage variant of the C.205V "Veltro" (Greyhound) fighter, last and best of the 1937-1944 C.200, 202, 205 production series.

Little else is known about this fascinating C.205 variant, it can be surmised though such a design would facilitate greater operational range, firepower capability; four 12.7 mm (50 calibre) machine guns, five 20 mm cannons would have been installed in the C.205 Bifusoliera, most impressive compared to just six 50 caliber machine guns fitted in the P-82B, twenty of which were built in 1945, all too late for WWII.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aeronautica Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera Art Rendering

Post by Editor » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:24 am

Very cool. Is this your drawing? Towards the end the RA did begin to buy into the heavy fighter concept.

RetiredInKalifornia

Yes...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:23 pm

Editor wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:24 am
Very cool. Is this your drawing? Towards the end the RA did begin to buy into the heavy fighter concept.
...Rendered 1999, have two others both Reggiane 2007s still up on the Internet. This one & Re 2007s buried deep in web on a Korean website where I'd discovered near all of my posted art thought lost decades ago when accidentally erased them whilst doing an IOMEGA Jaz drive backup c.2000. IOMEGA drives fabulous file backup technology for its day though expensive, cheaper Jaz drive sold quite well till eclipsed by low-cost external USB HDDs (have three 1TB Transcends) & cheap solid state thumb drives.

I still can "draw" art but don't wanna buy an espensive CorelDraw license (did all my 1998-2013 art with it) just do render a few art pieces. Vector XY Coordinate drawing far more time intensive than Bitmap Raster, former's tremendous advantage minute contol over graphic object shaping, colors & textures. Rendering every single one of my drawings left me exhausted, don't have energy to do any right now, turned 72 today BTW.

RetiredInKalifornia

Might As Well Put It All Up...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:33 am

...All my 1990s & Early 2000s Italian aircraft art renderings as saved on a Korean website some years ago:

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:51 am

These are well known drawings of these planes that I didn't know belonged to you but I suspected were yours after you posted here. Lets get all these into the Gallery and give credit where credit is due. Yes Coreldraw and Illustrator are very expensive!

RetiredInKalifornia

Well Known Yes...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:05 pm

Editor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:51 am
These are well known drawings of these planes that I never new belonged to you but I suspected were yours after you posted here. Lets get all these into the Gallery and give credit where its due. Yes Coreldraw and Illustrator are very expensive!
...Had them up on my graphics arts website June 19, 1997 To June 19, 2000, 32,466 Visitors.

Internet BTW 1969 to 1993 text only (CompuServe first commerical Internet communications service in 1969), Tim Berners-Lee of CERN inventing the World Wide Web (WWW) 1989-1990 (HTTP protocol, basic URL syntax, WWW file servers - Internet guts if you will), WWW general release August 23, 1991. In 1993 University Illinois Urbana-Champaign National Center Supercomputing Applications released Mosaic 1.0 graphical web browser on April 21st "porting" it to Microsoft Windows & Apple Macintosh that September, The Public Internet as we know it today commencing then.

In January 1997 I'd "logged on" the Internet via 33.6 kbit/s telephone dialup to a local Internet Serivce Provider running Netscape Navigator 3.0 on IBM OS/2 Warp 3.0 launching my website on June 19, 1997, Google starting over year later on September 4, 1998. The only way folks could find my website before Google were web pages laced with META "hit" tags, AltaVista, Ask Jeeves, DogPile, Excite, JumpStation, Lycos, WebCrawler, Yahoo et.al. search engines finding them with slow-moving "web crawlers" sometimes taking up to 10 days to do so and then buried deep withing with other search finds - ugh!

RetiredInKalifornia

Oh! Least I Forget...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:45 pm

One of my favorite renderings in 2000, fuzzy yellow thing is a weather balloon:

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:41 pm

I'll add them to a "What-if" section of the Gallery. I like the Bifusoliera and North American P-82B. The web and its earlier iterations has transformed allot even in the last 10yrs. I was thinking of re-writing this website but there's no format that allows the flexibility of what's presented on Stormo. I've chosen to stick to this format for now and just update it. To rewrite this site is a massive job and everything else will have to wait, its either one or the other but not both.

RetiredInKalifornia

Great Adding A "What If" Section...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:14 pm

Editor wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:41 pm
I'll add them to a "What-if" section of the Gallery. I like the Bifusoliera and North American P-82B. The web and its earlier iterations has transformed allot even in the last 10yrs. I was thinking of re-writing this website but there's no format that allows the flexibility of what's presented on Stormo. I've chosen to stick to this format for now and just update it. To rewrite this site is a massive job and everything else will have to wait, its either one or the other but not both.
...Am assuming that'll be where I can post my What-If FROG Aeronautica Macchi C.202 four 12.7mm machine gun & Aliplast FIAT G.55 five cannon, four machine gun model builds, no? I already have "back histories" for them up on other websites BTW.

RetiredInKalifornia

May Resume Vector Drawing...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:17 pm

Editor wrote:
These are well known drawings of these planes that I didn't know belonged to you but I suspected were yours after you posted here. Lets get all these into the Gallery and give credit where credit is due. Yes Coreldraw and Illustrator are very expensive!
...Downloaded Inkscape 1.3, GNU Network Object Model Environment open-source vector graphics editor for 64-bit Windows 11 tonight, supposedly similar to Adobe Illustrator though "free" & supported by a large user community since its first release in 2003. I've not done any vector drawing since 2013 so must relearn how to do so, good number of beginner training & (hopefuly) advanced user videos up on YouTube...stay tuned!

RetiredInKalifornia

Slogging Though YouTube Learning Videos...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:12 pm

RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:17 pm
Editor wrote:
...Downloaded Inkscape 1.3, GNU Network Object Model Environment open-source vector graphics editor for 64-bit Windows 11 tonight, supposedly similar to Adobe Illustrator though "free" & supported by a large user community since its first release in 2003. I've not done any vector drawing since 2013 so must relearn how to do so, good number of beginner training & (hopefuly) advanced user videos up on YouTube...stay tuned!
More than two dozen of them on just one channel, far longer than anticipated prepping with them before rending test art pieces! Working on PC whilst sitting down aggrevates chronic left side TMJ arthritis & tinnitus, conditions I've had for 40 years now & getting worse with age! Ear Nose & Throat MD who'd done my cranial sinuses surgery last May says TMJ surgery is risky, wiill do steroid shots if pain gets worse, never had any so will ask him if could have them early next year meantime will try rendering test art!

Assuming the steroid shots work my first planned renderings are what-if post WWII Aeronautica Militare (AM) Rolls Royce Griffon-powered Aeronautica Umbria MB.902 three-seat weather & maritime photo recon aircraft akin to Northrop F-15 Reporter (later RF-61) photo recons based on the P-61 Black Widow. Sporting longer fuselages & wings for high altitude operations the MB.902 is logical as a recce, USAAF & USAF had problems operating Reporters (just 36 of them built), AM operating even just a handful of indigenously built MB.902 recces might had done so more cost effectively than buying USA-supplied aircraft even with British built early mark Griffons they argueably as reliable & less heavy than Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasps powering F-15s into the early post war period...still stay tuned!

RetiredInKalifornia

May Not Resume Vector Drawing ;(

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Didn't delete any of my posts above on the subject, Vince would be royally ticked-off if had did! Psychological stress rendering art years & decades past much greater than model building, steroid shot taken weeks ago didn't relieve it that much, long hours behind PC screen enduring left side TMJ muscle pain & howling tinnitus too great! If can render art must be done when up to doing so, urge to artistically create still there just need to garner enough energy & pain relief to get on with doing so!

RetiredInKalifornia

Retired From Artwork Rendering ;(

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:34 am

Have retired from artwork rendering, headbutting frustrating using several vector drawing programs in past Inkscape magnitudes more so this after viewing several Youtube training videos. Last art rendering using Corel Draw in 2013 interferred with my 1/72nd scale Italian aircraft model production work, caring for late parents took its toll, COVID-19 pandemic nuking psychological will well as failing health making it pointless for me to create new artwork. My renderings above & those on Dan Johnson's sadly moribund Luft46 dot com et.al. spread throughout the Internet still can be seen, no point as well my competing with other artists who've produced marvelous art over the decades particularly of actual WWII Luftwaffe aircraft & paper projects.

Richard