STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Folgore_09
Comandante di Squadriglia

I have the Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #34: Italian Aces of World War II. The cover, as already mentioned, is a very nice painting of Reiner's C.202 with a flaming Spitfire trailing away in the background. It is a great book, if you can find it--I had some trouble as it has apparently been out of print for some time, though I finally dug it up at Alibris. It covers about 10-12 aces, some from each theatre of the war that the Regia Aeronautica fought in, as well as two ANR aces. The 40 color plates are very nice, as are the unit histories for all fighter Stormo and independent squadrons. All in all, definitely worth buying.

I will look into the CR.42 Aces book, though. Can't believe that they have a CR.32 instead of a 42 on the cover, though..... Rolling Eyes However, please do not stop your work Vince! I would look into buying any book on CR.42 aces put out by you and STORMO! Press.

Regards,
Alex
Folgore_09

"Flying aircraft such as the Macchi C.200, C.202 and C.205, Fiat G.50 and biplane CR.42, Italian fighter pilots were recognised by their Allied counterparts as brave opponents hampered by under-gunned and underpowered equipment." - from Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #34: Italian Aces of World War 2.
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Alex. One of things I've learned from writing stormo is the incredible amount of work involved in doing even the smallest of projects - that is, if you plan to do it right Wink

You're absolutely correct--excellence in everything, even the smallest of jobs, right? Very Happy

Regards,
Alex
Folgore_09

"Flying aircraft such as the Macchi C.200, C.202 and C.205, Fiat G.50 and biplane CR.42, Italian fighter pilots were recognised by their Allied counterparts as brave opponents hampered by under-gunned and underpowered equipment." - from Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #34: Italian Aces of World War 2.
New Osprey Book: Fiat CR42 Aces of WW2