Fiat G.50 variants

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Brendan
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Fiat G.50 variants

Post by Brendan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me clear something up regarding this plane. I know of the serie I G.50, with the enclosed canopy, and the G.50bis with the open cockpit, plus the redesigned rudder and fin. Recently I read a reference to a Serie II G.50. Is this a different plane from the G.50bis? Are there any major external differences (ie rudder, canopy etc.) that can visually differentiate the Serie II from a G.50bis? Thanks in advance for the help!

Best wishes,
Brendan

Rick
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Rick » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 am

Ciao
The main differences between G50 and G50 bis were in the shape and lenght of the tail and in the position of the tail wheel;if write to me, I attach the address, I shall send you two drawings illustrating the difference (I want to avoid copyright problems)
r.trotta@postanet.it
Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta

Brendan
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

RE: Fiat G.50 variants

Post by Brendan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi Rick,

I sent you an e-mail. Thanks for your help!

Best wishes,
Brendan

François
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by François » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:48 pm

I just received the Special Hobby G. 50 (from the Stormo Store!!!!!). But I've researched photo reference for the plane and found nothing.... As of books, I cannot find any (Ali d'Italia, Ali e Colori seems out of print). Can somebody help me to find detailed pictures of that plane?