Collimatore San Giorgio Tipo A

Post topics relating to fighters, bombers, ground attack aircraft, transports, powerplants, ordnance, armament, materials construction, design, secret weapons, flak, radar, ground equipment (e.g., autotreno 3000)
Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Collimatore San Giorgio Tipo A

Post by Alex T. » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi everybody! I haven't posted or visited the forum for AGES, many things have changed in my life lately, but anyway I'm back finally, and with an interesting item to share with you all, a San Giorgio Tipo A gunsight! :)

I haven't found much infos about it, apart for some era pictures and the ones in the C.200 that is in the US (seems that the ITAF museum doesn't have one either!). As you can see it's not in perfect shape, but I already removed the broken reflector glass (which I'll keep anyway) and I am looking to have it replaced with a newly made one, plus I'll straighten the iron sight and will clean the rust pitting (which fortunately seems to be only superficial).

As I mentioned before, I couldn't find much about it, so I was wondering if any of you guys had some pictures or maybe a manual to share.

Cheers

Alex

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am

Ciao Alex! I always think about you "bello" :) Good to hear from you again. I presume the changes in your life have something to do with being sposato :) ? Are you back in Rome ?

Thank you kindly for your post. I think Maurizio has a resin kit available for the San Giorgio gunsight. I need to contact him and get some on Stormo.

Ciao Alex!

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 am

Married?! That'd be a tragedy! :lol:
I moved to the UK and I'm living with my girlfriend (...and apart from the paperwork it's like being married really...doh!). I settled here now, and life for people with interest in military history is SO much better here!! I miss Italy a bit, but not too much to be fair! :wink:
I know Maurizio did the Revi 16, didn't know about any San Giorgio! Maurizioooooo!!!!!! :lol:

Alex

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Alex T. wrote:Married?! That'd be a tragedy! :lol:
I moved to the UK and I'm living with my girlfriend (...and apart from the paperwork it's like being married really...doh!). I settled here now, and life for people with interest in military history is SO much better here!! I miss Italy a bit, but not too much to be fair! :wink:
I know Maurizio did the Revi 16, didn't know about any San Giorgio! Maurizioooooo!!!!!! :lol:

Alex
English gf or German? Yes the english like to talk about WWII :)

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm

English, tried the German option but it ended up in an armistice :wink:

Alex

macchi205
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by macchi205 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Wow, a real Englishman in this site :D

Ciao Alessandro, nice to hear from you again among all these friends here at Stormo. Yes, few Revi 16B are left (5 kits), and in autumn will be available these new items, all in 1/1 scale:
. German control stick KG13A (replica from an original one)
. Italian control stick from a Mc 200 (replica from an original one) but also fine for C.202, first C.205, Cr 32, CR42, Fiat G.50 etc.
. Italian S.Giorgio type B gunsight (replica built with original drawings and measurement).

Hope to post as soon as possible some pics,
ciao Maurizio

PS Alessandro, what about the fourth subject please ?
All the best
Maurizio