STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic

Is it a good idea to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in NY ?
Yes, I think its a good idea - he deserves a fair and open trial
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
No, he's a war criminal and should be tried by a military tribunal
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

US POLITICS: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed tried in NY
Webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Should the US try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in NY ?

Click the arrow to watch the video:

Support Our Advertisers!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Webmaster
JeffZ
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Eric Holder is a jackass.
Vincent Fiore
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

When you call Holder a jackass you are being very charitable.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Fiore
veltro54
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

It makes no sense trying him in our courts, the only logical outcome will be a circus event with this guy accusing the military of torture, an unjust war etc and $ millions spent to convict him at the taxpayers expense. a military tribunal would have this guy processed in about a few weeks and executed. I donít understand what point the obama admin is trying to make other than putting the US military and/or the CIA on trial.
GAJouette
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Afternoon All,
After much soul searching and thought concerning this poll my only answer can be that KSM should be tried by a Military Tribunal. I see no reason that he or any other of his ilk should be shown any Constitutional protections that would by law afforded KSM in a civilian court of law.In short this piece of twisted humanity has no right to the full protection of the Constitution.I believe he should be shown only the most basic of Natural Rights ie fed,housed,granted a fair trial,and not subjected to torture.

If KSM were to be tried in a civilian court of law the methods employed by the Military and the CIA used to gather/obtain information would be an opened book. Along with the identities of those in the service of the U.S who gathered or obtained the information.Which will surely lead to more Americans as well as other nationals as well.Only a trial by the Military Justice System(Read Tribunal) will protect those who serve this nation.
GAJouette

veltro54 wrote:
It makes no sense trying him in our courts, the only logical outcome will be a circus event with this guy accusing the military of torture, an unjust war etc and $ millions spent to convict him at the taxpayers expense. a military tribunal would have this guy processed in about a few weeks and executed. I donít understand what point the obama admin is trying to make other than putting the US military and/or the CIA on trial.

Veltro54,
My friend I nearly completely agree with you.The exception being KSM's execution following the trial.I disagree because it is my belief that this is exactly what he wants,in other words to be martyred for his twisted cause by the U.S. This wish should never be granted,instead he should be left to rot in the darkest hole under Fort Leavenworth.Never seeing the light of day or another human face again.

As for why the Obama Administration would even consider a civilian trial in NYC,I believe you have answered your own question.Not wanting to turn this into a Obama bash,but can you name one single thing the current Administration has done for the good of the Country.I admit I'm at a complete loss to do so myself.[/u]
Webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

GAJouette wrote:
Afternoon All,
I see no reason that he or any other of his ilk should be shown any Constitutional protections that would by law afforded KSM in a civilian court of law.In short this piece of twisted humanity has no right to the full protection of the Constitution.

The thing with trying KSM in a civil court is that his lawyers will argue that the evidence admitted was the product of torture (ie water boarding) and as a result there's a likelihood he'll be acquitted. Obama himself said water boarding was torture - what stronger witness could you ask for! The other thing with this matter is that KSM was not in the US when 9/11 occured, it was a conspiracy and conspiracies are difficult to prove. Its even more difficult to apply the rules of evidence of a criminal case to what you gather in the battlefield, for example you don't have Khandar CSI dusting for fingerprints. This trial will devolve into a circus, and unfortunately for the residents of NYC, cost tens of millions of dollars to protect KSM and his co-conspirators. The final thing I would add here is that even if KSM is convicted, under the rules of evidence he ought to have been acquitted. This fact will be paraded throughout the ME fueling further anger towards the US and cancelling out any perceived good it may have had.

Support Our Advertisers!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Webmaster
GAJouette

Exactly my point.This is why the Military Justice System should try KSM.The rules are not the same as those in the Civilian Justice System.
US POLITICS: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed tried in NY