STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Help - 1951-Alfa Romeo 115ter restoration
Pete57
Comandante di Squadriglia

A friend of mine bought a 1951-Alfa Romeo 115ter engine and hes currently restoring it.

Ive managed to find the original maintenance manual to assist in the restoration.

Unfortunately, the manual is not specific as to what color(s) the engine should be painted.

Wiki has a picture of one on display at the San Pelagio Air Museum, near Padova, Italy, and this shows a predominant silverish color, but I have no way of knowing if that, specific engine has been correctly restored to specs.

Does anyone know if the RA or the post-war AMI had indeed issued specs calling for the colors to be used on aero-engines like, for instance, the US DoD had done with the Engine Grey or if it was up to the aero-engine companies to use whatever color at ones whim?

Thanks and regards,

Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a great project, you'll need to post photos on the forum! Did you chat with Stefano Lazzaro and Riccrdao Trotta, they might have something you could use and/or point you in the right direction. Ferdinando D'Amico might also be able to help you and try also chatting with the folks at GAVS.

Thanks Vince, Very Happy

I'll try to get in touch with them.

I'm sure my friend will post it on youtube once the restoration is finished, like he's done with his previous restorations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDjvJy54-7U

Regards,

Site Admin
Site Admin

Your friend does great restoration work! Thank you for the post.