STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Macchi 202 canopy
orville59
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

A month ago, I acquired the excellent publication of Valiant Wings on the MC 202 of Maurizio di Terlizzi, one of the photographs I found was that of the remains MC 202 in the museum of Vigna di Valle, near Fiumicino. Well in the same photograph you can see clearly that the canopy is open to the left and not to the right as they appear in all the photographs that are seen.
Thinking it seriously I imagine that it could be thus, since in the Breda 88 it is thus.
Someone can confirm this, if they find other photos would be fantastic
I want to clarify that the photograph is not reversed, since the canopy is open on the side of the turbocharger that is clearly visible in the image
Thank you Raul.
Webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

The canopy of the C.202 at Vigna opens to starboard unless the plane is undergoing some kind of maintenance work. Did the caption note the planes canopy opened to port? Very unlikely.

Support Our Advertisers!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Webmaster
orville59
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Hello Vince: It's always good to hear from you, and thanks for your kind answer, I'm sorry but I answered before
The subtitle does not say anything at all about the way the canopy opens, but on the next page, I found (and if you have the book) another photograph of the same machine, but taken earlier (I think about the '60s ) Where the canopy and partial form can be clearly seen, as in the photograph of Vigna di Valle.
Macchi 202 canopy