Italeri CA311

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
steveiow
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Italeri CA311

Post by steveiow » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:30 am

I just bought this kit today.It says on the box it's a limited edition 1/72.
I'd like to know if anyone has built this aircraft,and where can I find more info. about it?
A quick zip about the net produces nothing :(
Steve

Chris Busbridge
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Chris Busbridge » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:27 pm

You would do well to get your hands on the most recent Ali d'Italia book (#24) on this aircraft series. It has many useful photos, drawings and profiles etc. for all models. Admittedly most are on the C313/314, but I do not know of any other source that offers as much information.

These Italeri kits appear as 'limited editions' from time to time, either as a marketing ploy or as a genuine attempt to extend the life of the tooling. You have to remember that these kits first appeared in the early 1970's. With that in mind, they should be considered as pretty decent kits.

steveiow
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by steveiow » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:07 pm

Chris
Thanks for that-I did'nt know these kits were that old!
I have only just got back into this game,but built loads up until I got married,some time back then.
Airfix were the big name then and Revell but few people I knew bought them-American don't y' know-I did buy a Revell car kit;huge thing,all black plastic and chrome bumpers...............
Sorry,off topic,will go to bed now..
Steve