STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Hello All,
I did some digging and research on who did the restoration work.
Well, turns out that it was done by Leonardo (formally Finmeccanica) and not GAVS.

I wonder if they realize the error in the markings or did they mistakenly take it for granted that Cenni was with the 239 Squadriglia, not realizing that the 239 Sq. he flew was RA markings and not CO-Bel.
If their intent was to dedicate the aircraft to Cenni then someone should have pick up the mistake.
Any thoughts?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Biondi
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think they missed it, I think it was intentional. Time is now passing, but it wasn't all that long ago when Prince Valerio Borghese was planning a fascist take-over of Italy in the early 1970s. And with everything that's happening in Europe, with a little more push anything could happen. They were talking about getting rid of the Folgore because it glamorized the Fascists in WWII, under the guise of budgetary cuts. And even close to home, the removal of founding father(s)/Confederate/Columbus statutes in the US and now they're even talking about renaming buildings here in Canada because Sir J. A. MacDonald said something offensive 100 yrs ago.

Support Our Advertisers!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Editor
JeffZ
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Webmaster wrote:
And even close to home, the removal of founding father(s)/Confederate/Columbus statutes in the US and now they're even talking about renaming buildings here in Canada because Sir J. A. MacDonald said something offensive 100 yrs ago.

This is all part of an attack on Western Civilization. I see it no differently than what the Taliban is doing to ancient artifacts in the middle east and the orient. And the worst thing about it all is that we're allowing it to happen or at least the people who we put in power are.
Vincent Biondi

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today.
The sad thing is that something like the camo and markings of an aircraft should not be offensive to anyone, but there to show what transpired in the 1940s. It's just part of our past.
I guarantee you that within 5 years there will be no more scale model kits of German planes with Nazi Swaztikas because it offends some Dimwit!!
Sad.......
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Biondi
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

It already happened in Germany, for example Revell Germany can't include swastikas in its kits and as you point out there'll probably be a time when you can't find a kit with a swastika anywhere. This is certainly impinging on freedom of expression and has no place in a democracy. The left who were always vocal advocates for protecting a persons freedom of expression are now are taking it away. How things have changed.

Support Our Advertisers!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteFind all posts by Editor
Vincent Biondi

It's just like Jack Nicholson's character said in the movie, A FEW GOOD MEN,
"You can't handle the truth!'
A lot of left wing politicians and followers can't handle the truth because they are too afraid of offending someone or some group.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood makes a movie about the US Civil War and when they are filming a specific battle say Gettysburg, the Confederate Army will be attacking but they will not have a Confederate flag shown in the scene because it might offend someone!!!
orville59
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

They know that it is the good thing, that the airplane lives, if it was bad or their camouflage is not the point, tell me, they would not like to see in the museum a Re 2005 on P 108 although it is transparent, then it will see how to correct the error, but I insist the Re 2002 lives and is preserved in the museum. If you want I can show you photos of the National Museum of Aeronautics near Buenos Aires / Argentina, where I am, they will leave aside the discussion.
Vincent Biondi

The point that I am trying to make is that they should not alter historical facts.
Therefore, if they want an RE 2002 in Co-Bel markings and camo fine, that is ok with me, but don't dedicate it as Cenni's plane because he NEVER flew with that Air Force!
Re.2002 now on display!