STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Retired In Kalifornia wrote:

By the way; finished painting red Anti-Camouflage stripes on my Piaggio P.X SUPERMODEL S.81 build today, took some doing despite painting mostly on smooth main wing surfaces. Gluing them on the fuselage also will take some doing, one of several reasons the kit isn't one of my favorites, still have one complete kit left to build however, work on it comes next.

Post it!

Since we're on the topic now I want to build one Smile

Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Editor wrote:

By the way; finished painting red Anti-Camouflage stripes on my Piaggio P.X SUPERMODEL S.81 build today, took some doing despite painting mostly on smooth main wing surfaces. Gluing them on the fuselage also will take some doing, one of several reasons the kit isn't one of my favorites, still have one complete kit left to build however, work on it comes next.

Post it!

Since we're on the topic now I want to build one Smile

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love it! Article please when you're done.

Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Editor wrote:
Editor wrote:
The original Supermodel kit was pretty nice, so it wouldn't be surprised if Italeri released it again. But funny you should mention it, because the dimensions for 1388 are 25.5cm while 1283 is 24.7cm, so it could very well be the original Supermodel kit. If the decals are different I would imagine the P.X machines are covered in this release because none were provided in 1283.
Well, maybe I'll have to drop "definitely", buy why would Italeri reintroduce the old kit given it not as accurate ala 1283? Puzzling...I've built several Czech kits with extra parts not identified in kit instructions so can't get after Italeri not including P.X engine part assembly instructions.

Italeri has re-released many old Esci and Italaeri kits, with raised panel lines, but I think you're right, it wouldn't make sense to do that given the quality of 1283 and the dimensions are probably the difference between the Alfa 125 and the P.X, although the box of 1283 indicates the K.14 at 24.7cm, which should be the same length as the P.X.

I'll get to the SEM Model S.73 conversion by August, Italeri 1388 should be available by then.

Glued the SUPERMODEL S.81 Mainwings on Fuselage today good deal of doing it took; two red Anti-Camouflage strips off plumb repainted them best possible. Also glued on the Fuselage Piaggio P.X Engine, Cowling & Exhaust Stubs, looked better than my last Piaggio engine S.81 build over 30 years ago that's for sure!

Thanks for the promotion to Stormo commander, am deeply humbled!
Wanted: Italeri Savoia Marchetti S.81 Kit No.1283