Littorio class battleships

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
steveiow
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Littorio class battleships

Post by steveiow » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:46 pm

I have just bought this book,and whilst it is possibly a bit off topic on this site,I would advise anybody interested in WW2 and Italian Military of the era to buy it.
I have not yet read it but it's one of those books that by just a quick flick through it and handling it,you know you have a winner.
There are colour plates of a Re2000 and an Iman Ro43 seaplane included.
Quite how these planes were used,I'm not sure ( as I said,I have'nt read the book yet!) but I assume they were either catapulted off or craned off in the case of the seaplane-the text will reveal all I'm sure.
Steve

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks Steve, and not off topic. Who is the publisher ?

steveiow
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

littorio class battleships

Post by steveiow » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Vince
Publisher is
Seaforth Publishing and they are at www.seaforthpublishing.com a subsidiary of Pen and Sword books here in England.
This is a translated version of an Italian publication,priced here at £45.00 but well worth it.
I actually got it off e-bay for £31.00 from a bloke quite near to where I live but it was priced in Australian dollars!!
He had at least 10 and I think he said postage was free-certainly was for me.
Oh,I just started to read it tonight and the 'planes I mentioned were catapulted off.
By the way-it's a big old tome,356 pages and a couple of gatefolds with the camo colours on-you would'nt want it to drop on your foot1
Steve