Tamiya / Italeri MC-200

Post topics relating to the Regia Aeronautica, OOB, planning, strategy, tactics, strategic bombing, personalites (e.g., Italo Balbo, Giulio Douhet)
Joseph
Comandante di Squadriglia

Tamiya / Italeri MC-200

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Before I forget; Hello Vince how are you? Hope All is Well with you and your family and of course the model-building.
Anyway, I went ahead and purchased one of those Tamiya / Italeri 1/48 scale MC-200s. I think this was originally a Hasegawa kit or did Hasegawa just provide the box & artwork. Either way, its a nice kit which I look forward to building. Hopefully Hasegawa, Italeri or Tamiya will re-release that 1/48 scale Fiat G.50 . 8)

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi Joseph, I'm great thank you, although I'm quiet busy this summer. I hope you're well also and best wishes to you and your family!

The 1/48 Italeri/Tamiya C.200 is actually an Italeri mold and repackaged by Tamiya. A few years ago there was some talk of Tamiya orginating their own 1/48 C.200 mold however in the end it appears Italeri did it for them. I had a few kits Italeri/Tamiya 1/48 C.200s that sold immediately and I didn't have the time to check the plastic since I thought more were on the way, but evidently not - get them while you can :) Ciao Joseph!

Joseph

Post by Joseph » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Glad to read that you & family are OK. Lots of freaky weather and other natural disturbances happening lately in the US. Of course this seems like a world-wide problem as well. Anyway, I've always wondered who does the marketing and suggestion advice for some of these model companies? Seems like the really popular subjects / kits either never get properly done-up or are barely circulating in the market before they get discontinued. Then what rare / unique great subject kits that are out there still in circulation get bought-up and offered on Ebay etc., etc. for BIG $$$$, just like that limited run (Company I can't recall) of that 1/32 WW-2 Japanese Kyushu J7W1 Shinden "Kanard Aircraft". Oh well, so goes the world of us model builders-LOL!

Ciao Joseph