Reply to topic
Italeri 2014 1/72 (re)releases
kippenhan
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Hello all,

Not sure if anyone has seen the Italeri 2014 1/72 releases:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2014/Nuernberg_2014.html

They list the Cant Z 501 - Vintage Collection and the Cant Z 506. Interestingly, only the Z 501 states "Vintage Collection"—which I assume will be a reboxing of the original kit.

My hope—because it does not state "vintage Collection"— is that the Z 506 will be reworked in the same manner as they did the SM 81.

Does anyone know more?

MikeK
centauro
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

While the Cant Z.506 is indeed most likely going to be a reworked tooling, after how it was done with the Re 2000, Do 217, Do 24, Ju 88 and CR.32 I wouldn't be over-enthusiastic about this new release. They will probably add some minor detail, but the main problem with this kit is in fact some serious shape inaccuracies, which unfortunately won't be corrected. They will most likely also rework the Z.1007 in near future the same way, but as said...
They may also add some recessed panel lines (not really relevant for mostly wooden Cant Z), in worst case even like with the SM.81 (which is indeed a positive exception, but the original model wasn't that bad either) where they shouldn't be at all, and it may be again called "historic upgrade"... Wink I would be happy to be wrong, but hardly believe it could be the case.