Savioa Marchetti SM 83

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Savioa Marchetti SM 83

Post by Vincent Fiore » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:17 am

Does anyone know where I can buy a kit of the SM 83?

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

My Reply...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:17 am
Does anyone know where I can buy a kit of the SM 83?
Scalemates.com 1/72 Scale Only Listings:
  • Italian Kits Wings (IKW) Italeri SM.83 Resin Conversion, Italy-Brazil Transatlantic Livery Decals
  • BroPlan MS-83 Savoia-Marchetti SM.87 Vacuform
IKW website for years listed their SM.83 kit as a "future release"; BroPlan SM.87 currently not obtainable, periodically check Aviation Megastore for aviability, is where I'd purchased all my BroPlan kits.

Vincent Fiore

Re: Savioa Marchetti SM 83

Post by Vincent Fiore » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:08 am

Thank you very much for the information. I will buy the 87 and see if I can build the landing gear. I have built the 87 not one of my better builds; had a lot of trouble with the cabin windows. I ended up using white glue for them, and I do not like the results I achieved.

Again RIC thank you.

RetiredInKalifornia

You're Welcome...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:08 am
Thank you very much for the information. I will buy the 87 and see if I can build the landing gear. I have built the 87 not one of my better builds; had a lot of trouble with the cabin windows. I ended up using white glue for them, and I do not like the results I achieved.

Again RIC thank you.
I'd evaluated elsewhere Italian Kits Wing's SM.83 kit for building if were released well as pix of any in Regia Aeronautica Italiana (RAI) wartime livery, didn't consider the SM.87, not seen photos of any in RAI livery. Great wanna-build dissapointments aside from those RAI kits I'd evaluated elsewhere, Aviation USK/Xotic-72 Caproni Ca.133 included, were no available kits of SM.85 Tuffo, SM.88, 91, 92 twin-boomers, not at all sanguine I'll see these well as any others I'd evaluated elsewhere on the market again anytime soon never mind any of my wish-listers ala Aeronautica Umbra MB.902, CANT Z.511 et.al., good as well am retiring from scale model building now rather than wait till 2022 wishing, hoping, praying for any new RAI kit releases of interest meantime, other disappointments throughout 2020 alone have worn out my patience!

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 am

I will be giving up building soon. The biggest reason living in Morocco it is almost impossible to get supplies. No liquids can come through the mail. Going on 86 years of age my eyes are getting bad, need magnifying glasses to see well. I have several models waiting for decals, sent away three times, have spent almost two hundred dollars for decals, and have been lost in the mail every time. My grandson just sent me a box of models from my stash I had left behind in the states and it has been lost. Now with the virus, it is almost impossible to travel to Europe to get supplies. Time to throw in the towel. Be thankful for the pleasure I have experienced for the 75 years of modeling and pass into the sunset of my life.

RetiredInKalifornia

Wow...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:21 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 am
I will be giving up building soon. The biggest reason living in Morocco it is almost impossible to get supplies. No liquids can come through the mail. Going on 86 years of age my eyes are getting bad, need magnifying glasses to see well. I have several models waiting for decals, sent away three times, have spent almost two hundred dollars for decals, and have been lost in the mail every time. My grandson just sent me a box of models from my stash I had left behind in the states and it has been lost. Now with the virus, it is almost impossible to travel to Europe to get supplies. Time to throw in the towel. Be thankful for the pleasure I have experienced for the 75 years of modeling and pass into the sunset of my life.
...I'd only been modeling on-off-on 59 years, y'all go back to the FROG Penquins pre-war days! Often wish was 10 years older taking in early post-WWII scale plastic kit maker's beginnings never mind those making flying scale models, still remember guy about your age in 1964 flying U-Line model said he'd built 15 years earlier at middle school I'd gone to, tried & failed flying Cox-Triang U-Lines then. My eyes & hands are still good, patience isn't, folks & brother's passing 2015/16 severely weakened me psychologically why I'd worked non-stop building the Italians, completely lost it after November 3rd elections, Civil War ongoing here since 2000 Bush v. Gore, Republic's fate in place, nothing else matters, wating to see what LEGAL role can play in it at 10 p.m. in my life!

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:16 pm

Just be happy that we will not live long enough to see the final destruction of our once beautiful mighty nation. The democrats are the scum of the world; Some of the Republicans are just as bad. I am so disappointed in Barr I thought he was a straight shooter but he has proven otherwise.

The swamp will never be drained, it is larger than the Pacific ocean. God bless America!

The pedophile chief justice Roberts should be impeached and be replaced by Gorshiege.