STORMO! Forum Index

STORMO! Forum Index

Reply to topic
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

What was the old gal? and what are you now buying?

Generale di Divisone Aerea

Editor wrote:
What was the old gal? and what are you now buying?

1994 Honda Accord EX 222071 miles (93897 when I got it in 2003), 2013 Honda Civic LX 52691 miles.
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

yes those cars are legendary when it comes to the mileage you can get out of them, especially the civic. Shame on you, you should have bought American! Smile I own a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee - never owned a Japanese or foreign vehicle Smile

Editor wrote:
yes those cars are legendary when it comes to the mileage you can get out of them, especially the civic. Shame on you, you should have bought American! Smile I own a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee - never owned a Japanese or foreign vehicle Smile

I otherwise would had bought USA but Honda Accords & Civics have very good serviceability for the cost. I've seen several 1994-97 Accords & Civics operating between Placerville & Folsom recently, believe there's another Accord here in my apartment complex. I'd greatly feared the old gal wouldn't pass the California SMOG test next month so decided to buy the Civic, save later on operating expenses which I SHOULD beginning next calendar year.
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jeep Grand Cherokee is the best vehicle I've ever owned (knock on wood Smile), its rock solid reliable.

Retired In Kalifornia

- > Mainwing & Aileron Undersides painted Grigio Mimetico today September 12th.

- > Spraying white Fuselage Band & Rudder Distintivo di Guerra crosses tomorrow.
Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Going to Paris soon. To buy much needed supplies. Can someone inform me of a good hobby shoppe there? Thanks
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Fiore
What Yelp Brings Up...
Retired In Kalifornia

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Going to Paris soon. To buy much needed supplies. Can someone inform me of a good hobby shoppe there? Thanks

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=model%20shops&find_loc=Paris&start=0

This one looks promising:

http://www.eolmodelisme.com/
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jean Barby says:

EuroMaquette near Gare de Lyon.

http://www.euro-maquette.eu/

You should be able to google it to get photos of the interior of the store, it looks like a great place.

Retired In Kalifornia

- > White Fuselage Band & Rudder Distintivo di Guerra crosses sprayed on today September 13th, good results Very Happy

- > Mainwing Engine Nauticals, Landing Gear & Tires painted tomorrow.
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looking forward to the finished plane! Just hit me, we didn't commemorate 9/11! Shame on me.

Editor wrote:
Looking forward to the finished plane! Just hit me, we didn't commemorate 9/11! Shame on me.

Dad woke me up 6:40 a.m. U.S.A. Pacific to tell me about the attacks, later that day asked him "Was Pearl Harbor Like This?" he just said "Yes" though he & Mom didn't hear about that attack till they got back to Long Beach from Lemoore CA, said when they got into the San Fernando Valley on old U.S. 99 saw almost not auto traffic all the way to Long Beach. Here in Cameron Park on 9/11 there was near normal midday traffic, everybody driving "extra safe" including me. Around 2:00 p.m. November 22, 1963 Dad took me to the local Bank of America in South Sacramento to open my first savings account, rainy day almost no road traffic. One Teller and the Bank Manger were on duty, the Manager handling the account paperwork, when done he said: "This is one day we're not going to forget!"
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know the date Nov 22, 1963 because my parents were married the next day. On Nov 22, 1963 the US lost its "innocence". Interesting one of JFKs Secret Service people recently went on the record (now long retried) that they were aware of an attempt that would be made to assassinate JFK earlier than Nov 22, 1963 and supposedly there was also an identical attempt to be made in Chicago a week earlier than Dallas but was scuttled - several men observed with sniper rifles and making preparations in a similar building to the depository and another "patsy" involved with near identical credentials to Oswald. btw the shots taken from the depository were simple shots, most people think the motorcade was moving swiftly but it was only moving at about 10-20 mph, and the distance was 80m from the depository when the shots were fired with no deflection needed (ie., straight shots). Most avid shooters could have gotten off the number of shots Oswald supposedly had, in the time claimed. btw Oswald was a marksman with the highest designation in the army, so in no way would he have missed any of those shots if indeed he had taken them - I could have made those shots myself, although I am a good shot Smile

On 9/11 they ridiculed Trump because he claimed some people in NYC were celebrating the twin towers crashing down, but I can tell you that we had in our office at the time middle eastern persons, engineers, running from one office to the next celebrating - I witnessed myself what Trump had reported. We had to evacuate the Husky buildings in Calgary at the time because Calgary is an oil town and there was some concern that "pissed-off" muslims would attack the buildings - the call was supposedly made by the RCMP so I'm sure they had information that our building was indeed a target. A month later I flew down to Ponca City, OK (Oct 2001) and remember all the armed guards around the Ponca City Refinery - about 10 yrs later I was reading breaking news, after they got Osama bin Laden, that US refineries were Al-Qaeda targets, but I can tell you they were already aware of that in 2001 based on the security that was present at that refinery, which was not there only a few months before.

Editor wrote:
I know the date Nov 22, 1963 because my parents were married the next day...

Mom & Dad married in Bellflower, CA Washington's Birthday February 22, 1941 because as a holiday they'd always get it off work. They'd first met at a dance in Riverdale, CA in 1935; both died 57 days apart late in 2015, 5 months short what would had been their 75th Anniversary, at least they'd known each other 80 years before passing on.
Vincent Fiore

Thank you very much for the information. vincent
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailFind all posts by Vincent Fiore
RIK's 1/72 Scale Italian Aircraft Model Collection