NOOB to the new forum...

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
ReiShikiSenGuy
Comandante di Squadriglia

NOOB to the new forum...

Post by ReiShikiSenGuy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:15 pm

NICE looking forum - works fast and smooth! Congrats to the team who got that PHP configured so well! It's certainly fitting of the site itself.

EDIT:
----------------------------------------------
Just as an oddball request, could you set the links to the gallery and such up with the target="_blank" tag? If not, I can just remember to [Shift]+click.
--Rob
Anyone COULD do it...

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Thank you, and I'm glad you like the format. The forum went through a few iterations before I settled on a style. Yes I can change the menu links on the index page to fire-up a separate view. No problem (or at least it shouldn't be :) ).

Vince

ReiShikiSenGuy

Post by ReiShikiSenGuy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Cool! I did my normal right-click to scroll down and open as a new window, but your warning script stopped me from going that route.

Hey, then - if it's possible - maybe do it in frames so the navigation menu wasn't protected by your script? Bah - probably tons prettier and easier to do it in a new window...
--Rob
Anyone COULD do it...

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:59 pm

Yes the Warning Script, I may remove it, however I have no other way of protecting private information or photos that are often sent in to be posted on the forum but haven't yet been published, or no intention of publishing ... hmmm

php works in mysterious ways, I can try frames but I like the idea of a separate window ... however you are the user, I'll see what I can do.

ReiShikiSenGuy

Post by ReiShikiSenGuy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:16 pm

No problems at all - I am a plenty adept user, and it's no problem for me to do a [Shift] Click, so don't sweat it. And I understand and WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree that you have to protect the images somehow... So, the script will slow down the guys who would lift them (AND, if you SEE them somewhere, you'll KNOW someone WAS WARNED that they were (c)'d.

Do what works best for you, really. My ease of use has been met with this major upgrade! Frames aren't so great in a lot of ways, too - so probably opening up in a new window is probably the best balance.
--Rob
Anyone COULD do it...

Starflyer
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Nice, bravo Vince.....goood looking of new site!

Post by Starflyer » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:32 am

Veryyyyy goood :lol:
Davide Splendore

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NOOB to the new forum...

Post by Editor » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 pm

ReiShikiSenGuy wrote: EDIT:
----------------------------------------------
Just as an oddball request, could you set the links to the gallery and such up with the target="_blank" tag? If not, I can just remember to [Shift]+click.
Ok, got the change in you requested. When I designed the forum, I designed it around modal views, mainly because most PC users are not like yourself (power users or every day users) and with many views up, some people get confused, particularly with smaller screens. Its one of the first lessons you learn in software design. I do however agree, leaving the main area, returning is a bit of a hassel.

Ciao ReiShikiSenGuy :)

ReiShikiSenGuy

Post by ReiShikiSenGuy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:29 pm

Cool... :D
--Rob
Anyone COULD do it...