New Osprey Book: Fiat CR42 Aces of WW2

Post topics relating to the Regia Aeronautica, OOB, planning, strategy, tactics, strategic bombing, personalites (e.g., Italo Balbo, Giulio Douhet)
Folgore_09
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by Folgore_09 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 pm

I have the Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #34: Italian Aces of World War II. The cover, as already mentioned, is a very nice painting of Reiner's C.202 with a flaming Spitfire trailing away in the background. It is a great book, if you can find it--I had some trouble as it has apparently been out of print for some time, though I finally dug it up at Alibris. It covers about 10-12 aces, some from each theatre of the war that the Regia Aeronautica fought in, as well as two ANR aces. The 40 color plates are very nice, as are the unit histories for all fighter Stormo and independent squadrons. All in all, definitely worth buying.

I will look into the CR.42 Aces book, though. Can't believe that they have a CR.32 instead of a 42 on the cover, though..... :roll: However, please do not stop your work Vince! I would look into buying any book on CR.42 aces put out by you and STORMO! Press.

Regards,
Alex
Folgore_09
"Flying aircraft such as the Macchi C.200, C.202 and C.205, Fiat G.50 and biplane CR.42, Italian fighter pilots were recognised by their Allied counterparts as brave opponents hampered by under-gunned and underpowered equipment." - from Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #34: Italian Aces of World War 2.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks Alex. One of things I've learned from writing stormo is the incredible amount of work involved in doing even the smallest of projects - that is, if you plan to do it right ;)

Folgore_09

Post by Folgore_09 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:25 pm

You're absolutely correct--excellence in everything, even the smallest of jobs, right? :D

Regards,
Alex
Folgore_09
"Flying aircraft such as the Macchi C.200, C.202 and C.205, Fiat G.50 and biplane CR.42, Italian fighter pilots were recognised by their Allied counterparts as brave opponents hampered by under-gunned and underpowered equipment." - from Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #34: Italian Aces of World War 2.