Reggiane 2000 instruments pictures

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Reggiane 2000 instruments pictures

Post by Alex T. » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 am

Hi fellas, I have been looking through my reference material for quite some time now, but couldn't find any relevant material on Italian gauges.
I have some close up pictures of Italian instruments, but not of all of them unfortunately :( I'm looking in particular for secondary instruments of Reggiane fighters, like pressure indicators etc..
Do you guys have anything like this?

Cheers

Alex

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:05 pm

From the Re.2000 manual. Not a good shot but I'm sure if you get the manual it should have a clearer photo or some other close-ups. Try asking Riccardo I think he might have the manual.

Stefano
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Stefano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:54 am

In the Eighties, the late Sergio Govi published five books which are the ultimate work on Reggiane fighters, with an incredible amount of pictures, drawings, schemes, Units stories and notes on every single aircraft. They are long time out of print, and very hard to find. However, Giorgio Apostolo still publish them in CD-ROM. Text is in Italian, but if you're interested to Reggiane fighters I strongly recommend you them. Take a look here: www.apostoloeditore.com :D

Stefano

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Grazie Vince, I got a copy of the manual, but unfortunately there are no close ups of the upsaid instrument :(
How are things btw? Long time no talkie talkie :0P

Grazie Stefano, I'll look into that. I also tried contacting the Swedish Air Force museum, they have a lovely exemplar there!

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Alex T. wrote:Grazie Vince, I got a copy of the manual, but unfortunately there are no close ups of the upsaid instrument :(
How are things btw? Long time no talkie talkie :0P
How nice, a manual without a detailed description of the instruments :o As you can see, I've been very busy, hardly time to do much else as business begins to pickup again (gloablly). How are you, are you still in he UK ?

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 am

well it's a generic operational manual, you have the various systems description, but hardly any picture of the actual instruments. Nothing like the Germans, who had manuals even for nuts and bolts :wink:

Yup, still in the UK and loving it! I manage to go back to Italy every couple of months or so, but life here is way simpler and overall better (esp. if u r an aviation geek!).
I heard of the sinking oil rig and chinese tanker, does it have anything to do with you? :wink:

A.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Its funny to hear that because we have a wave of Brits flooding into AB/CAN. With all the bank failures there, outrageous deficits and high unemployment, not to mention inflation, it wouldn't be on my top list of places to be. I know you're going to say its worse in Italy, but Italy’s deficit is half of the UKs, there were no bank failures or mortgage crisis in Italy despite a real-estate boom in Italy, its unemployment rate at 8% is nowhere near other euro zone countries. Maybe you weren’t trying hard enough in Italy or do you have an English girlfriend that's presuaded you to live there :)? Not long ago when I was in the UK, I was a little tired of eating out at expensive restaurants and decided to hit a good o'l McD's. I ordered a BigM and it cost me about $20.00 USD. That would have been ok when I found-out after the exchange-rate our people in the UK were actually paid less than in CAN/US. Anyway, best of luck in the UK.

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Truth is tha I'm a big fan of drizzle,tea and roundabouts :wink:
life in Italy is a real nightmare bud,and I was lucky since I worked in a big business,but the society,the politcs.. Mozambique would be a better place to live..

Rick

Life in Italy

Post by Rick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:51 am

Hi Alex
I should like to know in which part of Italy did you live.
I live in Tuscany, near Florence and in this zone there are a lot of foregneirs who live here with satisfaction. I agree with you about national politics, infact Tuscany government doesn't like to out first minister but all his temptative to conquer our region with his party have failed, up to now.
Ciao
Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 am

Ciao Riccardo,

sono nato e ho vissuto a Roma, e nonostante vivessi una realta' particolarmente agiata, lavorando nell'azienda di famiglia, ero arrivato ad un punto di rottura.
Se decidessi di tornare in Italia un giorno credo che sarebbe proprio in Toscana che cercherei una casa. La vita qui e' molto piu' semplice ma non troppo dissimile da quella italiana, l'unica grande differenza e' che qui la gente e' MOLTO piu' educata ed onesta (mi e' successo di trovarmi in situazioni in cui ho applicato il metro valutativo "italiano", per poi essere imbarazzato nel constatare come la nostra purtroppo sia una natura spesso disonesta e meschina..)
Bada bene, qui non e' il paradiso, ci sono molti problemi, ma in confronto all' Italia la criminalita' e' una barzelletta (qui i poliziotti vanno in giro disarmati!), la societa' e' piu' onesta e soprattutto hanno uno spirito di nazione e forza di volonta' che noi non avremo mai..

Apologies to the forum friends who don't speak Italian, but this is a very Italian rant between two Italians, nothing relevant under an aviation point of view :wink:

Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by Vincent Biondi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Hello Alex,
After reading your comments (I also read and speak italian)
....l'unica grande differenza e' che qui la gente e' MOLTO piu' educata ed onesta...., I find that you are generalizing.
I do not wish to turn this into a political debate or offend anyone on this forum.
If you find a difference, you are probably basing it on the fact that you are from Rome and lived there.
Rome is NOT Italy. So, if you wish to express your views and observations, then base them on Rome and Romans.
I travel to Europe at least 5 times a year, Britain included.
My favourite part of Italy is Veneto and I also like Toscana.
I have found that in general, people from Veneto are very polite, honest and well educated. (my opinion only)
As far as Britain is concerned, again in my opinion only, I find that people in Manchester are not so polite and honest or well educated as I find when I travel to London. I will not generalize and say that all people from Britain are like that, because they're not.
Jesse Ventura, Minnesota's Governor, once said years ago:"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups"
I therefore never assume and will always base my opinions on a personal note, rather then a generalization.
Vincent.

guglielminauk
Comandante di Squadriglia

Reggiane Re 2000 (life in U.K. and Italy)

Post by guglielminauk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Caro Alex,
I am also Italian from Venice and I live in the U.K. Italy and England are both beautiful and welcoming in their different way, there are nice and bad people in both of them just accept that and do not slag Italy.
FORZA ITALIA!!!
Guglielminauk

P.S. looking in my CD library for photo of the instrument panel of the Re 2000

guglielminauk

Re 2000 instrument panel

Post by guglielminauk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:48 pm

I found a copy of the Sergio Govi "storia degli aerei Reggiane. Il Re 2000"
with a couple of photo of the instrument panel, if you are interested I can send you a copy on a CD.
Guglielminauk

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:58 pm

If you could zip the photos, please email to: webmaster@stormomagazine.com

Thank you for your posts.

Alex T.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Alex T. » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:11 am

Vincent Biondi wrote:Hello Alex,
After reading your comments (I also read and speak italian)
....l'unica grande differenza e' che qui la gente e' MOLTO piu' educata ed onesta...., I find that you are generalizing.
I do not wish to turn this into a political debate or offend anyone on this forum.
If you find a difference, you are probably basing it on the fact that you are from Rome and lived there.
Rome is NOT Italy. So, if you wish to express your views and observations, then base them on Rome and Romans.
I travel to Europe at least 5 times a year, Britain included.
My favourite part of Italy is Veneto and I also like Toscana.
I have found that in general, people from Veneto are very polite, honest and well educated. (my opinion only)
As far as Britain is concerned, again in my opinion only, I find that people in Manchester are not so polite and honest or well educated as I find when I travel to London. I will not generalize and say that all people from Britain are like that, because they're not.
Jesse Ventura, Minnesota's Governor, once said years ago:"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups"
I therefore never assume and will always base my opinions on a personal note, rather then a generalization.
Vincent.
I'm sorry Vince, but I beg to differ.
Yes, I was born and lived in Rome for many years, but I travelled, lived and related to all parts of Italy and many parts of Europe, and although varied and with exceptions, our attitude is the same all around, and that is a fact (just look at who we are tolerating as prime minister..) .
As for the UK, you mentioned the two roughest cities of England, no wonder things are not that good there, but get out of the city and you will find a politeness, a sense of community, a law abiding attitude and a respect for institutions that is seldom seen everywhere else in the world.
Italy is a gorgeous country, but Italians have no respect for it, while here there's a completely different attitude, and everywhere you go is a little special place because people here do care about where/how they live.