Fiat RS.14

Post topics relating to fighters, bombers, ground attack aircraft, transports, powerplants, ordnance, armament, materials construction, design, secret weapons, flak, radar, ground equipment (e.g., autotreno 3000)
hokusai
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Fiat RS.14

Post by hokusai » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:17 pm

I have found following image on pinterest. Can anyone tell from what publication it was taken? Looks rather old, similar to "dimensione cielo"
RS14FromPinterest.jpg
RS14FromPinterest.jpg (177.75 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
RS14FromPinterest.jpg
RS14FromPinterest.jpg (177.75 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
Remarks about coloring look interesting ("..queste indicazioni si ricavano da fotografie in possesso del Ing. Postiglioni")
Any opinion whether this info is outdated or still valid?

Plane "287 Sq Cagliari-Elmas, Febbraio 1943" is also depicted in "dimensione cielo bombardieri ricognitori 05 (1973)"
but as Series II not Series I.
DimensioneCielo.JPG
DimensioneCielo.JPG (22.18 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
DimensioneCielo.JPG
DimensioneCielo.JPG (22.18 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
The profiles are obviously different but I could not spot any technical differences. So either they depict the same series or there is actually no visible difference between series I and II?

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fiat RS.14

Post by Editor » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:57 pm

The first scan is similar to the fold-out in Dimensione Cielo #5 Bombarderi. The color description is out date or incorrect for this machine: RS.14 170-8 Serie I (not Serie III), Grigio Azzurro Scuro 3 upper surfaces, rudder in VOS2, unit number in black and individual aircraft number in red, hypen red/black with GAC1 undersurfaces; floats same colors as above. There's a photo of this plane in ADI Miniserie #3.

There is a photograph of a RS.14 287a Sq. at Cagliari-Elmas with the Areonautica Co-belligerante, its a Serie III machine. There's also a photo of the rear rudder of a Serie I machine with 287a Sq. displaying the Donald Duck unit-emblem, VOS2 rudder and the white cross of Savoy. Here's Richard Mendes' model of this plane:

https://www.stormomagazine.com/ModelArt ... RM_1a.html