Page 1 of 1

Info on gun positions for the Cant Z 501

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:51 pm
by Canine99
I am trying to determine whether the 7.7mm gun positions on the top wing and the 7.7 mm gun position on the dorsal fuselage could rotate 360 degrees. I am getting conflicting data from sources. Some say that they can rotate 360 while others infer that they only had 180 degree of rotation. Can anyone clear up the confusion Thanks
Adam

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:06 am
by Chris Busbridge
Looking at photos in the Ali d'Italia book, guide rails can be seen for all positions to avoid hitting the struts, wings, tailplane etc. I did not find any mention of degrees of rotation. The assumption would be that the fuselage positions would be restricted to a 180 degree arc (more or less), whereas the top wing position would be 360.