Italeri paints

STORMO! Gallery updates and the latest News from the Model, Resin, Decal and PE Manufactures
Dave Bayliss
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Italeri paints

Post by Dave Bayliss » Thu May 05, 2011 6:24 am

I see from the Italeri web site that they have a new range of Acrylic paints coming out. The list of colours looks interesting, with Regia Aeronautica colours available individually instead of having to mix, guess or approximate. Hope this link works,
http://www.italeri.com/NewsImgs/DOC_NEWS_000072.pdf
Cheers Dave. :)
There's so much left to learn and no one left to fight.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for your post Dave - I'd like to give these paints a try and like every line of paint its always best to use their/recommended thinner. In the past I've tried taking short cuts using generic thinners to cut down costs but found the results aren't always as good as using the thinner supplied with the paints.
Vince Tassone

Vincent Biondi
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by Vincent Biondi » Thu May 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Hmm...
Judging by what I see, it looks like Italeri is using the old Testors paints and colour charts, since the two companies I believe merged a few years back.
Vincent.

Dave Bayliss
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Dave Bayliss » Sat May 07, 2011 9:43 am

Have to agree with your point Vince. I haven't tried many different paints, but it would make sense to stick with the proper thinner for that manufacturer. I haven't seen these paints being available from the model shops I use yet, but I am keen to try them as soon as they are out. I will report my views when I have a chance to use them.
Cheers, Dave. :lol:
There's so much left to learn and no one left to fight.