NEWS: VITO Charts by Stefano Lazzaro

STORMO! Gallery updates and the latest News from the Model, Resin, Decal and PE Manufactures
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEWS: VITO Charts by Stefano Lazzaro

Post by Editor » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:29 am

At long last, The VITO Charts courtesy of Stefano Lazzaro. This amazing and thorough work includes a cross-reference table for the VITO Charts and the CMPR chips. Its certainly the most up-to-date work on this subject and a great read and well worth the time invested in reading it. The "Color Guide" menu item is now changed to "Color Guides" and two menu items are now available: 1. CMPR and the 2. VITO Charts.

Click the image to view:

Enjoy,
Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Outstanding Effort!

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:37 am

Kudos to all producing this marvelous research work, wish I'd had it in 2006 when standardized on the CMPR/IPMS-Italy research work per this modified Microsoft Word document screen grab:

Humbrol 107 & 180 enamels are not available for Marrone Mimetico 2, substituted Testors Model Master 2009 + Humbrol 118 US Matt Tan 80/20 mix (60/40 on some of my earlier model builds), Humbrol 141 Light Sea Gray is near not available, substituted Testors Model Master 1726 Light Sea Gray which is still available but won't be not long from now. I only use enamel paints for builds, considering am down to my last number of in-stock Italian aircraft subject kits will continue employing the above paint chart.
Original Art Rendered 1997

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEWS: VITO Charts by Stefano Lazzaro

Post by Editor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:49 pm

A deluge of Color and Camo schemes, thanks for posting that paint chart - btw its still CMPR based, but I like the Modelmaster, GS and Tamiya columns.

Stormo was definitely late to posting something substantive in regard to the VITO Charts, but with Stefano's work, in a single bound we caught-up and surpassed all previous work in this area, and that in my opinion is about as Italian as it gets i.e., falling behind isn't necessarily a liability if you have the means to catch up :)! Stefano's work should be the standard for the VITO Charts for sometime and we'll work to keep this work current.
Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia

Always Better Late Than Never When It Comes To Research...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:23 am

Editor wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:49 pm
A deluge of Color and Camo schemes, thanks for posting that paint chart - btw its still CMPR based, but I like the Modelmaster, GS and Tamiya columns.

Stormo was definitely late to posting something substantive in regard to the VITO Charts, but with Stefano's work, in a single bound we caught-up and surpassed all previous work in this area, and that in my opinion is about as Italian as it gets i.e., falling behind isn't necessarily a liability if you have the means to catch up :)! Stefano's work should be the standard for the VITO Charts for sometime and we'll work to keep this work current.
...For me I had nothing other than Giorgio Apostolo's 1977 Humbrol enamel formulas to go by when building my "Italians" during the 1980s & early 1990s. The 1990s CMPR update fortunately came when I'd resumed building "Italians" in 2006, that along with the above IPMS-Italy paint chart well as STORMO's invaluable information got me through till now just fine with my model builds the VITO Charts information adding to it though as I'd said it coming near end of my build run.

BTW, my three Hasegawa Macchi C.202 kit builds currently underway will be painted Humbrol enamels per the above IPMS-Italy chart though will check whether may paint the "Eduard" one with Eduard brass parts in early 79° Squadriglia, 1° Stormo North African livery as a field repaint possibly utilizing VITO Charts information if have the paints to do so.

Update

Lacking info whether undersides were CMPR Grigio Mimetico, VITO Charts Colore 1 Grigio Azzurro (1941) or 7 Colore 1 in variante (Macchi - Reggiane), employing CMPR Nocciola Chiaro 4 & Grigio Azzuro Chiaro 1 for "Eduard" C.202 build assuming a "proper" Servizia Riparazioni Aeromobili e Motori depot repaint.
Last edited by RetiredInKalifornia on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Original Art Rendered 1997

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEWS: VITO Charts by Stefano Lazzaro

Post by Editor » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:47 pm

In all truth, up to a few years ago there was virtually no site traffic or interest in regard to the VITO charts. Beginning about 3 yrs ago this ticked up significantly, such as site searches, the number of clicks on Vince Biondi's translation of Stefano Zaghetto's and Giuseppe Verde's article, online and offline inquiries etc. I think the change in interest was lead by the folks in Italy (Stefano had actually forwarded this work quiet a while ago although the version posted here is way ahead of what he did then) and the paint suppliers such as MRP who adopted the VITO Charts. The VITO Charts have more colors than the CMPR but the real step ahead in Stefano's work are the FS matches, his personal observations and the thorough job he did in connecting all previous work.
Vince Tassone