NEWS: Special Hobby 1/72 FIAT CR.25 Prototype by Richard Mendes

STORMO! Gallery updates and the latest News from the Model, Resin, Decal and PE Manufactures
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEWS: Special Hobby 1/72 FIAT CR.25 Prototype by Richard Mendes

Post by Editor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Today starting a three part arc plus an old forgotten build that's been sitting in my inbox of the FIAT CR.25 with Richard leading the way with 21 pics of his 1/72 Special Hobby 1/72 FIAT CR.25 Prototype.

Click the image to view:

Enjoy,
Vince Tassone

warhawk
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Re: NEWS: Special Hobby 1/72 FIAT CR.25 Prototype by Richard Mendes

Post by warhawk » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:58 am

Looks very classy in that aluminium scheme.
Nice job!

MiGFoxbat
Pilota

Post by MiGFoxbat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 am

It does look good, plus, the Special Hobby kit is quite great and you can quickly apply an aluminium coat to it! It's not like some other kits I've made (looking at you, ICM) that sometimes need tons of putty, which is then a pain to sand cleanly if you want your bare metal livery to look remotely good...

Still, I really dig the matte metal + blue prop blades look, it'll really make it stand out among other planes.

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Thanks...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:48 am

MiGFoxbat wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 am
It does look good, plus, the Special Hobby kit is quite great and you can quickly apply an aluminium coat to it! It's not like some other kits I've made (looking at you, ICM) that sometimes need tons of putty, which is then a pain to sand cleanly if you want your bare metal livery to look remotely good...

Still, I really dig the matte metal + blue prop blades look, it'll really make it stand out among other planes.
...This wasn't one of my better builds nor beloved, clear vacuform plastic underneath nose part was bear to cut-shape & glue on, too short leaving noticable step, other modelers solved issue, i.e. were more attentative :oops: Humbrol Azure prop blade fronts totally inaccurate :oops: should had been Testors Model Master RLM 65, model made 7 or 8 years ago just when came across information on Regia Aeronautica Italiana propeller blade specs. I'd goofed writing the article, Humbrol 56 Metallic Aluminum was sprayed on not Testors Flat Aluminum, sprayed it on LF Models Savoia-Marchetti SM.86G with RLM 65 prop fronts as well it built not that long afterwards.
Original Art Rendered 1997

MiGFoxbat
Pilota

Post by MiGFoxbat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am

Yes, these clear parts are a pain, but the standard plastic ones are fine.
I didn't know that color was incorrect for the prop blades, I'll keep that in mind, thanks for your explanations!