Ciao Fabrizio

Comments about STORMO! and the Forum as well as Special Annoucements
D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Ciao Fabrizio

Post by D520 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Our friend Fabrizio owner of SEM, has left us for a last flight. My condolences to his wife and three kids. RIP.

RetiredInKalifornia

Oh My God!

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:19 pm

D520 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:13 pm
Our friend Fabrizio owner of SEM, has left us for a last flight. My condolences to his wife and three kids. RIP.
Shocking news, condolences to his family. SEM Model website is still up but has suspended sales, must give up on obtaining a re-released SM.84 kit from them, try to buy 2nd hand one via Internet. Been one sad day, prayers here.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ciao Fabrizio

Post by Editor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:12 pm

I was thinking about him. Very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family. RIP.

BillShu
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by BillShu » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:23 pm

As a fellow modeler, rip.

ningoth4
Pilota

Post by ningoth4 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:41 am

Oh no that is sad to hear. Condolences to all of his family and friends. :frown: I just recently found his products and have a couple of them. Was looking forward to getting some more. Do you know if his company will still be producing models or are they going out of business?

Kevin

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 am

No one knows at this point, I would assume someone will likely pick up the molds and remaining inventory. The site is still up but not taking orders as far as I know, although that may change.

RetiredInKalifornia

Agree On Your Assumption...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:11 am

Editor wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 am
No one knows at this point, I would assume someone will likely pick up the molds and remaining inventory. The site is still up but not taking orders as far as I know, although that may change.
...Logically should be Italian Kits assuming they can get molds & inventory given they advertise SEM Model kits well as dozens of other makers, publishers et. al. scale model hobby items. Italian Kits has done well selling whatever I'd wanted in their inventory, Czechs & Poles as well. Americans & Brits perplexingly haven't been as active in producing resin models, shocking given more than a few of their modelers like me buy & build resins! I'd love to read stats on world scale model sales by medium & nation, don't have slightest clue where to begin looking for any of them on the Internet.

Having been on-off active in scale modeling for almost 60 years do know kit molds often were sold, re-sold, rebranded, first exposure to later during 1964 were 1950s, early 1960s Marusan Shōten odd-scale airplane kits UPC (Universal Powermaster Corporation) imported for U.S. sales c.1962-66 when U.S. Government hiked tariffs on imported toys including scale models (Kyushu J7W canard pusher fighter was my favorite), if indeed the SEM Model molds are put back into production they may not be necessarily by the maker but via a third party, will be mindful about that ala UPC rebranding of Marusan kits.