2020 Democratic Party Presidential Primaries

Discuss everyday politics, issues affecting people from events in Europe, Asia to North American. Discuss foreign diplomacy, breaking news, elections and today's leading politcal figures

Who will be the 2020 Democratic Party Presidential Nominee?

1) Sleepy Joe
63%
2) Crazy Bernie
No votes
3) Pocahontas ... the erstwhile E. Warren
No votes
4) Pete Buttajudge - my city hates me
No votes
5) Bill De Blasio - I think and say I'm Italian but I'm actually not, my real name is Warren Wilhelm
No votes
6) Kirsten Gillibrand aka Elizabeth Rutnik
No votes
7) Spartacus
No votes
8 ) Kamala ... I have absolutely no chance of winning but lets inflame the electorate
No votes
9) Beto - I'm the product of white privilege, don't vote for me
No votes
10) Someone else ...
38%

Total votes: 8

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

2020 Democratic Party Presidential Primaries

Post by Editor » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Given how well this site has forecasted the eventual winners for US Presidents and US mid-term elections, I put to you the Stormo faithful, who will be the 2020 Democratic Party Presidential nominee?
Vince Tassone

JeffZ
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Re: 2020 Democratic Party Presidential Primaries

Post by JeffZ » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:26 pm

What a cast of characters but I like John Delaney of Maryland unfortunately the democratic base won't go for him because he's too sane :crazy:

RetiredInKalifornia
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

My 2020 Election Ruminations

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Was writing a lengthy reply post but "The Evil PC Mouse" clicked on the Windows Edge "Red X Of Death" button then poof :evil: Anyway, Biden is going headlong against conventional wisdom favoring Kamila Harris, supposedly she'll K.O. him tonight on CNN but "Sleepy" might be prepared for her attacks this time! Trump's declared "Plugs" the nominee, logical given he was VPOTUS well as a lifetime D.C. Swamp Critter.

The 2020 DNC Convention near absolutely is going to be the most interesting in my lifetime, 1968 (Humphrey) & 2016 (Hillary) conventions were flat-out rigged, 1972 (McGovern) & 76 (Carter) arguably were "open" though 1980 was hopeless for Carter well as 1984 for Mondale against Reagan well as 1988 Dukakis against Bush 41 latter riding on Reagan's coattails, 1992 was '41's to loose ("read my lips") whilst Doe in 1996 was akin to running '41 again. The 2000 election should had gone for Gore but 9/11 plus an improving economy was Bush 43's "sideline saves" for 2004 against "Swift Boat Kerry", McCain & Romney had no hope against Obama in 2008 & 2012 despite the latter's inadequacies. If I'd had to pick a presidential year coming anywhere close to what I think 2020 is going to be for the Democrats it be 1972's McGovern, guy was totally out-maneuvered by Nixon's "Southern Strategy" despite everybody in the D.C. Swamp knowing about Watergate whilst the campaign was ongoing, backup to that is 1984's Mondale, Reagan was far more popular than Trump then that plus a booming economy well as no Twitter.

Arditi1961
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Arditi1961 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:51 pm

I like Tulsi not to mention she's smoking hot and KO'd Kamala. I'm guessing Tulsi is running to be Joe's running mate.

Vincent Fiore
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Vincent Fiore » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:40 am

God help us if any of these lunatics win. There is not a sane one in the bunch. The only thing that worries me, is the Republicans are too overconfident. For the sake of the U.S.A. Vote TRUMP!

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:40 am
God help us if any of these lunatics win. There is not a sane one in the bunch.
Exactly in all the years of following US politics this democratic bunch has me concerned. And I agree Republicans are too confident, they make it sound like Trump is an unbeatable debater - Trump does not debate lol Trump is very smart, much smarter than the left wing media will ever give him credit for, he's not polished although he is very funny and entertaining (mainly because he likes to have fun when he's on stage). Trump reminds me of a hugely popular politician in Alberta, Ralph Klein, he was the premier of Alberta (equivalent to a State Governor in the US) from 1992-2006. Anyway, despite the polls, Trump should win comfortably. I love it when Trump goes after China and bad players. Trump needs 3 terms. Comey behind bars?
Vince Tassone

Vincent Fiore
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Vincent Fiore » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:32 am

Not only Comey behind bars, the evilest one is Hillary. She is the vilest person one could imagine, really disgusting. All the others who took part in this plot must be brought to trial, and if found guilty placed in confinement for a very long time.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 am

I don't think they'll put-away Hillary because it's an unspoken rule to not indict political adversaries in a democracy which in and of itself is a form of corruption i.e., political elites are above the law. What could be an issue in 2020 is voter fraud, and as much as democrats say it doesn't matter it primarily occurs on the left because their views don't sell; the intolerance, progressive cultural and historical destruction, free healthcare to illegal immigrants when 30 million americans can't afford it etc. The US is the only democracy in the world where a person doesn't need voter ID - conservatives support voter ID while Democrats (and Liberals) are strongly opposed to it - that's all you need to know. Oh and btw there's a well known story of Mussolini speeding on the Autostrada on a motorcycle which was btw the first of its kind and built before the Autobahn. The Police officer pulled Mussolini over and began issuing a ticket, when he recognized it was Mussolini he was going retract the ticket but Mussolini ordered him to issue the ticket which he promptly paid. Can you imagine a cop pulling over Hillary (she probably hasn't driven a vehicle in her life, she has others do it for her) and accepting a ticket of any kind? do you remember when Hillary tried to take the NYC subway and someone had given her the wrong tokens and she entered the wrong way - I think a passerby had to give her tokens :esmile: She was trying to pretend she was ordinary folk and that she took the NYC subway all the time - sure. She should be in jail for real crimes including collision but that won't happen.
Vince Tassone

Arditi1961
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Arditi1961 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:38 pm

hey Vince it was a card swipe with hillary.

whatever happened to using the old html tags you had in message posting? I mean the youtube tags are ok but you could do more with the old forum.

dogsbody
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by dogsbody » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 pm

I couldn't give a rat's backside about this. It's US politics and I'm Canadian. I'm more concerned with our upcoming federal election. Not a lot of choices. It's enough to make an old man drink more than he normally does.

Chris
" What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at? "

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 am

Arditi1961 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:38 pm
whatever happened to using the old html tags you had in message posting? I mean the youtube tags are ok but you could do more with the old forum.
Good question! The old board allowed html programming in posts. I actually had to add that capability manually and remove phpbb3 code restrictions to allow every conceivable html tag there was + scripting; it was a lot of work and only a few posters like you Dan actually made use of it, in fact you could, if you wanted to program a page within a post and even drop downs (i.e., build your own website without incurring hosting charges :ugeek: In theory that was possible)! However all that came with a price - security! So all these new board technologies removed html and replaced it with BBCode, you can see some of the customized BBCodes I added such as hr (line), s (superscript), sub (subscript), and youtube. I have no idea how hackers were getting into the old boards but then again I'm not hacker and that could very well have been how the old board database was damaged. So were stuck with BBCode and its limits but we still got what's commonly used.
Vince Tassone

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:26 am

dogsbody wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 pm
I couldn't give a rat's backside about this. It's US politics and I'm Canadian. I'm more concerned with our upcoming federal election. Not a lot of choices. It's enough to make an old man drink more than he normally does.

Chris
Not sure how bad you guys have been hit up there (are you still in Fort Mac?), but the downtown core of Calgary has been hollowed out - it's pretty bad here while Texas and other US oil-rich regions are booming. We even had a tax rebellion as business taxes were set to quadruple which sent everyone onto the streets. You can see how the Liberals are already trying to position Scheer as a racist for daring to say we need to slow down the inflow of illegal migrants into this country - mainly from the US, basically africans and south americans being pushed out of the US - and copying the playbook of Democrats in the US but I don't think it'll work, I think this country has had enough of Trudeau and the Liberals. Notley out, Trudeau out and in Calgary, Nenshi who pretends to be a conservative should be out in the next election.
Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Watch For Dems To Demand Outright Gun Confiscation Next Debate...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:55 am

...that plus "Minority Report" style surveillance et. al. draconian civil liberty pull-backs - sure, yea :crazy: ACLU et. al. are challenging efficacy of the Red Flag Laws violating individual U.S. 1st, 4th & 5th Amendment rights though curiously not 2nd, California do believe has the toughest "Red Flags" near anybody can demand the police to involuntarily detain near anybody purportedly showing violent symptoms of whatever kind, can't tell if they're doing any good recent Gilroy Garlic Festival shootings notwithstanding.

I'd come across several dangerously violent people last 60 or so years, still remember that "Vietnam Crazy" swinging a 2 x 4 plank at somebody outside my Sacramento apartment 38 years ago this summer :shock: still remember the drunk I'd tried to get off transit bus I was driving summer 1976 when he'd grabbed me by the lapels damn near pulling me out of the bus :shock: still remember the two teenagers brutally going at it outside the middle school winter 1965 :shock: they'd ALL be "Red Flagged" today for sure BUT would they'd get "mental treatment" DO seriously doubt it!

dogsbody

Post by dogsbody » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Editor wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:26 am
dogsbody wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Chris
Not sure how bad you guys have been hit up there (are you still in Fort Mac?), but the downtown core of Calgary has been hollowed out - it's pretty bad here while Texas and other US oil-rich regions are booming. We even had a tax rebellion as business taxes were set to quadruple which sent everyone onto the streets. You can see how the Liberals are already trying to position Scheer as a racist for daring to say we need to slow down the inflow of illegal migrants into this country - mainly from the US, basically africans and south americans being pushed out of the US - and copying the playbook of Democrats in the US but I don't think it'll work, I think this country has had enough of Trudeau and the Liberals. Notley out, Trudeau out and in Calgary, Nenshi who pretends to be a conservative should be out in the next election.

It's hitting Fort Mac, too. The malls are slowing losing small businesses as they shut down due to a lack of customers. The population is still down below the pre-wildfire level. The city itself is trying to eliminate some of their workers who do cleaning and maintenance jobs and replace them with TFW's. As for Trudeau, I think he has a fight in his future, if he wants to be re-elected. Even some of the east coast folks are ready to give up their traditional Liberal vote. The only issue will be the vote of all those border crossers as they will most likely vote Liberal now.
October should be most interesting.

Chris
" What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at? "

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 pm

dogsbody wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm

It's hitting Fort Mac, too. The malls are slowing losing small businesses as they shut down due to a lack of customers. The population is still down below the pre-wildfire level. The city itself is trying to eliminate some of their workers who do cleaning and maintenance jobs and replace them with TFW's. As for Trudeau, I think he has a fight in his future, if he wants to be re-elected. Even some of the east coast folks are ready to give up their traditional Liberal vote. The only issue will be the vote of all those border crossers as they will most likely vote Liberal now.
October should be most interesting.
The maritimes have always voted Liberal, but I think New Brunswick might peel off this time because of the botched (Irving) refinery expansion that was planned in conjunction with the Energy East pipeline that ended up being cancelled which would have resulted in much needed new high paying jobs. Newfoundland might peel off for similar reasons because Oil is big business for them now.

I remember the wildfires, it was all over the news and we sent fire crews up there to help. Allot of homes were damaged - I think it happened not long after Calgary was hit with a 100yr flooding event - a double whammy for the province. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I was up at Fort Mac many years ago to do software modeling and training work for Syncrude and Suncor, I stayed at the SawRidge Hotel - I'm not sure if its there anymore, it was like a giant log cabin :esmile: I think the population of Fort Mac was about 10,000-15,000 at the time - I think it's quadrupled since then. Allot of the mining activity up there is stuff out of a sci-fi movie, gigantic conveyor belts, everything is on a mega-scale and I loved the Oil Sands Museum - Canadians are the undisputed leaders in heavy oil/oil sands development technology. I can't remember if it was either Syncrude's offices or Suncor's, but there was a gigantic settling pond next to it - it was really a lake.
Vince Tassone