Fly 1/72 G.50 Freccia

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
Plastimic
Pilota

Fly 1/72 G.50 Freccia

Post by Plastimic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm

Ciao!

Well this lil arrow will be in my quiver soon. It was quite the hunt. Let's see how the Swiss mail system is. I am glad there's a manual on the boards for research purposes and it will definetley be useful. I am learning a good manual paired with a good book of the subject can really help a build. So here's my question. What book on the Fiat G.50 Freccia would you recommend?

Cheers

Tim

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fly 1/72 G.50 Freccia

Post by Editor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:01 am

The ADI book #6 is probably the the best reference on this subject if you can find it (now long out of print):

There's also an accompanying Ali e colori book that's also out print #3. This book contains many profiles with pretty good captions but not a lot of detailing information. It was really meant to be used by modelers to choose a camo scheme, very nice (port/starboard) profiles:

There's also the old Profile Publications book No.188:

and another old reference (1970s) The Fiat Fighters 1930-1945 but still pretty good:

Vince Tassone

Plastimic
Pilota

Post by Plastimic » Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Hello Everyone!

Well it made it! I have to be honest. I had a good look. The kit, for you typical Czech short run. It's one of the best I have seen yet. I would feel happy just building it straight from the box. I don't have anything to check dimensions. So I can rivet count it to death. But it very much looks like a Freccia Bis AS to me! Which is pretty Freccia awesome. The decals are by cartograf and the resin is well done. Only thing I think it needs is a lil work in the cockpit. There is some flash but I have yet to wash the plastic and you would be surprised what you think is flash is molding release agent. But it looks as though clean up will be minimal. I want to open a cockpit door and also open up the acces panel to the machine gun ammo. If anyone is interested in me doing a build review I can. I believe the kit is available on fly's site but if you live anywhere outside of Europe they don't post direct. I had to order mine from Gabriel Giordano at GDkits in Switzerland. Gabriel is amazing and really professional. I can now check of Switzerland as a country I got a model from.

Best regards my good friends!

Tim

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue May 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Yes we would be very interested to see WIP photos, the kit sounds great - please do post your work. Fly make very nice kits.
Vince Tassone