Fly 1/72 G.50 Freccia

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
Plastimic
Comandante di Squadriglia

Fly 1/72 G.50 Freccia

Post by Plastimic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm

Ciao!

Well this lil arrow will be in my quiver soon. It was quite the hunt. Let's see how the Swiss mail system is. I am glad there's a manual on the boards for research purposes and it will definetley be useful. I am learning a good manual paired with a good book of the subject can really help a build. So here's my question. What book on the Fiat G.50 Freccia would you recommend?

Cheers

Tim

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fly 1/72 G.50 Freccia

Post by Editor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:01 am

The ADI book #6 is probably the the best reference on this subject if you can find it (now long out of print):

There's also an accompanying Ali e colori book that's also out print #3. This book contains many profiles with pretty good captions but not a lot of detailing information. It was really meant to be used by modelers to choose a camo scheme, very nice (port/starboard) profiles:

There's also the old Profile Publications book No.188:

and another old reference (1970s) The Fiat Fighters 1930-1945 but still pretty good:

Plastimic

Post by Plastimic » Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Hello Everyone!

Well it made it! I have to be honest. I had a good look. The kit, for you typical Czech short run. It's one of the best I have seen yet. I would feel happy just building it straight from the box. I don't have anything to check dimensions. So I can rivet count it to death. But it very much looks like a Freccia Bis AS to me! Which is pretty Freccia awesome. The decals are by cartograf and the resin is well done. Only thing I think it needs is a lil work in the cockpit. There is some flash but I have yet to wash the plastic and you would be surprised what you think is flash is molding release agent. But it looks as though clean up will be minimal. I want to open a cockpit door and also open up the acces panel to the machine gun ammo. If anyone is interested in me doing a build review I can. I believe the kit is available on fly's site but if you live anywhere outside of Europe they don't post direct. I had to order mine from Gabriel Giordano at GDkits in Switzerland. Gabriel is amazing and really professional. I can now check of Switzerland as a country I got a model from.

Best regards my good friends!

Tim

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue May 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Yes we would be very interested to see WIP photos, the kit sounds great - please do post your work. Fly make very nice kits.

Plastimic

Post by Plastimic » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:49 am

Hey Folks!

I hope everyone is well and building lots of beautiful models. I will try my best to post some photos on here very soon. If anyone has Instagram you can find my working away on the Fly Fiat G.50 Bis the build is going really well.

Cheers
Tim