IPMS/USA Quarterly article

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Possibly...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:27 am

Editor wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:52 am
Your G.12T was a beauty, it gets allot of views in the Gallery. I could have sold that model for $500-$1K for you, your collection could have generated a haul.
...But would had taken months if not years selling them off never mind finding a broker to auction them, extreme risk them being broken up whilst in transit to auction houses. I tired selling models during 1980s via Viking Hobbies, just one - 1/72nd Hasegawa Fw-190A - sold for US five bucks, rest I gave away later. No, I HAD to off-load the collection in 2021 knowing every single model was going to be damaged, broken up then tossed whenever moved around for whatever reasons. Photos of built models particularly high-res ones near always "look better" than physically seeing them, appreciated that whilst attending model shows, i.e. fabrication & painting boo boos pixilated & before that not detected in photo film emulsion graularities, those I'd taken of mine are good enough for Internet posting well as for my emotional satisfaction.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IPMS/USA Quarterly article

Post by Editor » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:58 am

People will pay for the kind of camo on your G.12T, ask Jean, Stormo has sold allot of finished kits but you're right transportation is a major problem. It doesn't matter how much padding or what kind of padding you use or if you label the package like crazy with red Fragile stickers, shippers will just toss it and damage the model, especially FedEx!

RetiredInKalifornia

Right About The "Fragile Stickers"

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:17 am

Editor wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:58 am
People will pay for the kind of camo on your G.12T, ask Jean, Stormo has sold allot of finished kits but you're right transportation is a major problem. It doesn't matter how much padding or what kind of padding you use or if you label the package like crazy with red Fragile stickers, shippers will just toss it and damage the model, especially FedEx!
1968 sent my long-late Louis D. Louis who was 390th Group B-17 crewman in 1944 painted model of the old 1962-vintage Revell B-17 kit via USPS, thing was quite damaged when saw it in his bedroom months later. If had driver's licence then should had driven those 4-1/2 hours downstate to Bakersfield delivering it to him!