Courage Alone 2nd ed now available!

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
padovan
Pilota

Courage Alone 2nd ed now available!

Post by padovan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Greetings, Stormites:
I have just received my copy of the expanded 2nd ed of Courage Alone, the Italian Air Force 1940-43 by Chris Dunning. This new ed has 360 pages (the original had 272), and lots more color profiles and color photos.
I borrowed the first ed- which retails used on some websites for $400 plus- through interlibrary loan last year, and was impressed. When I heard that Hikoki were publishing an expanded 2nd ed, I pre-ordered it through Amazon. I saved more than $20 off the $56.95 US cover price.
If you're interested in the RA- and if you're not, you wouldn't be reading this, would you?- you should definitely consider adding this one to your reference collection. It's especially strong on unit histories, campaign maps, and a wealth of black and white and a number of color photos.
Okay, enough said, now I have to get reading!
Ciao, Patrick

Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

courage alone

Post by Vincent Fiore » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm

I received my copy a few days ago. I enjoy the profiles and photos, however I was very disapointed overall. I thought that from the title there might be some stories by some of the pilots. The reading is very boring.

kippenhan
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

have you seen this yet to be published book

Post by kippenhan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 pm