NEWS: "Acid Test" by D.H. Clarke, D.F.C, A.F.C

STORMO! History Article updates
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEWS: "Acid Test" by D.H. Clarke, D.F.C, A.F.C

Post by Editor » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Today I am happy to present an interesting History article entitled "Acid Test" by D.H. Clarke, D.F.C, A.F.C.

"Acid Test", D.H. Clarke, D.F.C, A.F.C, December 2011

D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by D520 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:45 am

Excellent report and reading, for once a British is objective about the other side, other than the feared/loved german! Historians or so called have put a real mess in people 's minds with ready to sell conclusions like "the macaronis had obsolete planes, they were painted sand and spinach,they were no match for our beautiful Spitfires". So reports like this one is a treasure and I strongly suggest Stormo readers to have a deep look at it! Many thanks Vincent, you've made my day! Regards, Jean.

veltro54
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by veltro54 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

I agree, this is an interesting article which should be read by all. It astonishes me that reading the general histories of World War 2, the Macchis (and most Italian equipment) are either written-off as useless or focus on weak points, giving a poor impression of the Italians and their equipment . Yet reading the stories of those who had to face a Macchi or fly one, a rather different story is revealed.

Bravo!

Dan

jrlucero
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by jrlucero » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Hello Vince! Thanks for sharing with us this story. Another book on the list to read.

It's great to see that the shroud of politics and propaganda is finally being withdrawn with publications like this.The great engineering and design of the Macchi Fighters and other italian aircraft are due a lot more credit than the treatment they've received.

Best regards,

Jose
Just build it!

José Lucero

Working on:
1/35 Autoblnda AB.41
1/48 P-47D Brazilian Jambock Squadron Senta Pua!