G.55 Torpedo Plane

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Joseph
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

G.55 Torpedo Plane

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Any single-engine WW-2 fighter that can affectively sling a torpedo into action is Aces in my book! This is another reason why I like the Fiat G.55 as my favorite Regia Aeronautica WW-2 aircraft. I was lucky to pick-up on Ebay that Pacific Coast Models 1/32 Fiat G.55 kit at a decent price. I plan on converting it into the torpedo-armed upgrade, which PCM has the conversion parts on their website to do. Kinda pricey but worth it for this project. I'd like to find metal landing gear for the G.55 as well, if they can be had.
Another project I'm working on is an Airfix 1/72 "Gun-Nosed" Do.217J, which I plan to make in the paint scheme and markings this aircraft had while in service with the Regia Aeronautica. I've been partial to prop-driven "gun ships" , like the Hs.129 Tank Buster, P-61 and B-25 strafers & canon-nosed versions. My favorite twin-engine gun ship platform would have to be the A-26K used in Viet Nam. I'd love to see this in 1/32 scale! (Hint-Hint WingScale :idea: )

Joseph