Fly Models Caproni 101 - Accuracy

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Aeroal
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Fly Models Caproni 101 - Accuracy

Post by Aeroal » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Gentlemen,

I have just opened a copy of Scale Aircraft Models International and noticed a build review of the Fly Models Ca101. I have been waiting for an injected model of this aeroplane for many years, and I noticed that the constructed model in the magazine appears to be quite sleek and streamlined. This is at odds with my recollections of the 101, and to my great dismay, it is making me think twice about purchasing this model. To me the whole character of this grand old flying machine was personified by its bluffness and the 'sit up and beg' verticality of the cockpit area which was anything but long and streamlined. It may be that the photographs in this publication are taken at angles which make the model appear far more svelte than it was in real life. Is it just me, or would anyone else, who has the kit in his possession, care to comment?

Regards,

Aeroal the uncertain.

Aeroal
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Ca 101 Accuracy

Post by Aeroal » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 am

I have now bought one of the Capronis and can confirm that the kit does indeed appear to be accurate in profile, according to my photographs. The angle of the photograph in the magazine article does seem to elongate the aircraft nose and engine nacelles, to my eye.

Having only had time to give the kit a fairly quick glance, it appears to be very well executed for a short run effort and the resin looks to be absolutely beautiful. Here's to hoping it goes together as nicely as it looks.

Regards,

Aeroal.

Dave Bayliss
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Dave Bayliss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Be interested in seeing the result when you have finished the kit and hearing your views on same.
Dave. :D
There's so much left to learn and no one left to fight.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

Yes, will be interested in following your build. Please post photos.