Italian Subjects

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Edie1971
Comandante di Squadriglia

Italian Subjects

Post by Edie1971 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:25 am

So as we get into 2022, what's the chances a mainstream company does another Italian subject, preferably in 1/48 scale? Been a while since Hasegawa released the C.202 and C.205. It was nice to see Trumpeter do the SM.79 which I wanted, but didn't get. I thought they would do a bis variant but it never happened. Too bad. I know there have been some limited run kits but I'd like to see a company like Tamiya do a new release. What's the chances? I mean Tamiya did do a D.205!

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Italian Subjects

Post by Editor » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:55 am

The most active kit manufacturer wrt to Italian WWII aviation subjects is Special Hobby (see the Stormo page) although I do like the beauty and simplicity of the pin and holes of Hasegawa, Tamiya and Italeri kits. I remember a little while ago Jean saying he was done with limited run, resin, vaccum kits etc., his point was that as you get older the challenge of building these kits turns into a grind and building a simple accurate kit from Hasegawa is a breath of fresh air :esmile:

I'd like to see Hasegawa do a 1/48 G.55 kit but that market is dominated by the excellent Special Hobby kit (see our Gallery). Special Hobby recently re-issued its 1/48 Re.2005 and aside from ordering directly from SH its hard to get one! Like the Hasegawa 1/48 C.205V it seems someone buys up the lot.

Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Vincent Fiore » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:58 am

I know that I will never see it produced in my lifetime, but I would love to see a C A N T Z 5110.

Vince, maybe you could ask the people who are members of this site to make up a list of their desired kits . This list could then be presented to kit manufactures , then we could hope and wait.

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:03 am

To all the members of this fine sight. Please
mack a list of the Italian aircraft you would like to see produced. Also if you subscribe to any modeling magazines and or clubs you could ask them to make lists. Then these could then be compiled and submitted to several manufactures. GO, Branden

Edie1971

Post by Edie1971 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:49 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:03 am
To all the members of this fine sight. Please
mack a list of the Italian aircraft you would like to see produced. Also if you subscribe to any modeling magazines and or clubs you could ask them to make lists. Then these could then be compiled and submitted to several manufactures. GO, Branden
Vin the ones I'd like to see are probably what most others would want. We would also have a chance submitting these to a Chinese Company like Bronco as well since those companies, at least on the armor side of the house make tons of interesting subjects that wouldn't make the light of day. At least Italeri makes the Re.2002, CR.42 and C.200.....There's probably more I could add but at the moment this was at the top of my head.

1. Re.2005
2. Re.2001
3. G.55
4. SM.79 bis
5. CANT Z.1007

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:54 am

Here is a shortlist that I would love to see produced.

1 72 scale

CANT Z 511
Caproni CA 204

1 48 scale

Caproni CA 20