Delta2 1/72 MC 205 - info needed please

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
centauro
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Delta2 1/72 MC 205 - info needed please

Post by centauro » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 am

Hi,

I need info about the accuracy of the fuselage with this kit. I am looking for some replacement for the asymmetrical (and having some more shape issues) fuselage of Hasegawa/Italeri MC 202/205 and the best fuselage I was able to find so far, the one by Frog (C202), still requires some serious reshaping. Ideally I would like to see a photo of the Delta2 fuselage parts.

Thanks a lot in advance
IS

Gabriele Luciani
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Gabriele Luciani » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:40 am

escuse me but I see your post only to day...I have the old kit of Delta 2 who you ask; If you need I can made a picture of the fuselage ...

centauro
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by centauro » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 am

It would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
IS

warhawk
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by warhawk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:36 am

Asymmetrical? I've never heard of this before... Could someone give me more info on this before i start building my Hasegawa C.202 and Italeri C.205?

centauro
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by centauro » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:23 am

Just put the fuselage halves together and take a look at the fuselage from front,upper-front or upper-rear. The asymmetry is subtle, but visible from certain angles and extremely difficult to correct. I tried it with scribing and even repositioning/grafting parts of 2 fuselages. However, I've just finally screwed up 2 fuselages after investing too much time. I believe, the only way to correct it would probably be first to apply a thick layer of Mr.Surfacer on the right fuselage half and then reshape. I picked up an ancient Frog kit. Its fuselage is at least symmetrical and the lower engine cowling part looks more accurate than on Hasegawa/Italeri. However, it is too thick (not a big problem to correct), but there are still some other serious shape issues which have to be corrected. Currently I am taking some break from this project. I was hoping, Hobby Boss will release a C 202/205 after they did almost all WW II fighters, however, I am afraid, they found probably the fuselage shape too complex...
IS

Gabriele Luciani
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Gabriele Luciani » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:20 am

please escuse me for the delay of my response but I was very busy wit my family and with my job...
Now the pictures of Delta 1/72 kit of C.205

tomorrow I shell write some words about that old kit (first issue in 1973).

centauro
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by centauro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 am

Thank you Gabriele!

Although somewhat crude, looks not bad and probably still better than Frog.

Unfortunately, that kit I mentioned in my first post is not available any more, however, just in case it appears one more time: how is this fuselage in terms of outline accuracy compared with, for example, Aero Detail or Ali d'Italia plans?

Thanks again.
IS