hello from Roma!

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
RiK
Comandante di Squadriglia

hello from Roma!

Post by RiK » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi guys,
I am proud to be now in this forem which is a fantastic part of a fantastic site!
I come back to plastic models this summer after many many years ( I'm too old to rock'n'roll but I'm to young to die, ehehehe) and my passion was ever the airplane of RA pre WWII, in WWI and Post (the ANR).
my best compliments for this site which is really exaustive and complete about all we need to know on our past ( and glorious ) air force.

Mi target is to made all the 1/72 airplane of the Spanish Civil War for the Aviazione Legionaria and the Condor Legion..as publishe in this other very good site : http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/mod ... index.html

I've started at the past August and I've done yet 7 models .. but I am a novice so are not good like the fantastic photo I've seen on your gallery.
So, I hope don't boring too much I will ask some particular infos about that period.
( and sorry for my dramatic english...)

The first two...

1) where I can find the uniform of pilots and crew in spanish war? can I use the uniform from Ospery of italian pre war pilots?
2) I like models on 1/72 scale but I know which not exist a Fiat G 50 first series on 1/72.. only on 1/48..
Anyone can suggest how I can modify the canopy ? ( I've bought a pair of 2 old G50 bis of airfix.. really nice..)

So, thanks for anyone can answer and the best compliments again!

Riccardo
Ardisco, Colpisco E men'infischio!

Brendan
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Brendan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi Riccardo,

At AML (www.aml.cz), there is listed as forthcoming a 1:72 scale Fiat G.50 serie I. I've heard that these kits are a bear to build, but it looks like that will be your best option.

I do hope you'll share your builds with us, as I am also very interested in the Spanish Civil War. Welcome aboard!

Best wishes,
Brendan

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Ciao Riccardo and Welcome! Thank you for your kind words. Check Vigna di Valle airforce museum for RA uniforms used during the Spanish Civil War. As Brendan mentioned AML are planning to release a new 1/72 Fiat G.50.

flyingbabydoc
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by flyingbabydoc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:56 am

Ciao Riccardo

I have also a special interest in the Spanish War, and I am planning my next model (Sm.79) in spanish colours.

Maybe we can swap information and tips from time to time.

Cheers

Alex

Rick
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Spanish Civil War

Post by Rick » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:27 am

Some time ago I found a lot of photos ona site dedicated to the airplanes of the Civil War; the address was:
http:members.es.tripod.de/mrval/index.htm
but now it seems this address is no longer active; I principally found photos of Fiat G50, Ju87A, Hs123, Bf109
If you foind the new address, please inform me
Riccardo from Florence
Riccardo Trotta

RiK

Post by RiK » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:26 am

Brendan wrote:Hi Riccardo,

At AML (www.aml.cz), there is listed as forthcoming a 1:72 scale Fiat G.50 serie I. I've heard that these kits are a bear to build, but it looks like that will be your best option.

I do hope you'll share your builds with us, as I am also very interested in the Spanish Civil War. Welcome aboard!

Best wishes,
Brendan
Thanks brendan.. I've seen, but is seem this product ( and other like the very nice Heinkel 46 ) are not available.. so I will write to AML for know how to buy..
thanks again
Riccardo

RiK

Re: Spanish Civil War

Post by RiK » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:29 am

Rick wrote:Some time ago I found a lot of photos ona site dedicated to the airplanes of the Civil War; the address was:
http:members.es.tripod.de/mrval/index.htm
Hi Rick;
I believe the best site for SCW is this:

http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/mod ... index.html

check even the links; someone is wrong but some are ok..!
Bye
RIK

RiK

Post by RiK » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:41 am

flyingbabydoc wrote:Ciao Riccardo

I have also a special interest in the Spanish War, and I am planning my next model (Sm.79) in spanish colours.

Maybe we can swap information and tips from time to time.

Cheers

Alex
Hi Alex
glad to swap info and tips! At this time I'm doing only fighters 'casue my ability is too low.
But anyway:

A tips for alls for the RA and Luftwaffe colors.

I've found a fantastic company, here in Italy, which is specialized with RA colors.
Is rare to find even for me, in Roma, so I wrote their an email and now I left down alls the tamiya, gunze, lifecolor etc.
Note : I don't use airbrsuh for breath problem; but this colors are ok even with this mode;
go to www.drtoffano.com ; the site is in Italian but if you send an email the boss ( mr. Toffano) get a quickly and genlty answer;
I bought alls the line of regia Aeronatutica and for Luftwaffe; the results are very very fine and very realistic.
The company is in the north of Italy so I buy via email ( I'can't find the colors even here..) but Mr. Toffano is a gentlemen and ship everywhere..

I've found all the issues on the RA colors of Stormo there in the dr. Toffano's site..

Hope this is a good tips

bye

RiK

flyingbabydoc
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by flyingbabydoc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:41 am

Ciao Riccardo

Thanks for the info! I have looked into the products, they seem to be great. Good website! I will be spending New Year's at Lago di Como with my family, so I will most likely make a little stop in Erba or Lecco and look into these paints and solvents. I think they will work out just fine! Are they very expensive?

I dedicate myself mostly to building bombers, some fighters here and there. I am also quite "unexperienced" in using airbrush and super-modelling techniques, but I guess that practice makes perfect, right? Anyways, that was a great tip and I thank you for that.

A presto,

Alex