Looking for info on forth coming Italeri MAS Tropedoboat

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Bob Hanes
Pilota

Looking for info on forth coming Italeri MAS Tropedoboat

Post by Bob Hanes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 pm

I know that this is a Italian aircraft website, but you must forgive this old boy from Texas. I have look all over the websites for information on the MAS torpedoboats of World War II, and just can't seem to find very much about these interesting torpedoboats. I have look for any type of book that was written about history, operational use, scale drawings and detailed photos and I can't find anything. I do remenber a title in the Tuttostoria catalog about these Boast that I think was written in the "ufficio Storico Marina Militare" series on the MAS torpedoboats but I can't seem to find the title anymore. I would hope that someone will write a excellent publication about these brave and historical torpedoboats coombat use during World War II. I a wait this kit with much interest, as it should be as beautiful as the S-Boat and the PT Boat that Italeri has already produced. Any help would be most appreciated.
Bob Hanes (Tex)
RHanes@aol.com

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:24 am

Hi Bob,
So nice to hear from you again! Hoping all is well in Texas (I miss Texas!!). You can find a pretty good general description of these boats in "Conway's All the Worlds Fighting Ships 1922-1946". You should be able to find a copy on Amazon. I agree, there certainly is missing a good book written in English on these fine torpedo boats. Look for Squadron to come out with something now that Italeri is issuing its kit. btw yes this is the place to post these types of queries, be it aircraft, armor and navy - stormo will be expanding its scope!

jrlucero
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by jrlucero » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:09 am

Hello Bob, here's a good website concerning everything Regia Marina. Check it out:

http://www.regiamarina.net/arsenals/shi ... _ms_us.htm
Just build it!

José Lucero

Working on:
1/35 Autoblnda AB.41
1/48 P-47D Brazilian Jambock Squadron Senta Pua!

Capitano
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Capitano » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Hey Bob, welcome. I have two brothers who live in Texas. I love everyting about that state. And isn't the World Wide Web the greatest thing ever? At the click of a mouse button, you can find things on germ warfare, Abraham Lincoln, and Italian torpedo boats.