plan drawings for italian aircraft

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Eric Armstrong
Pilota

plan drawings for italian aircraft

Post by Eric Armstrong » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:38 pm

I am trying to find a good source for plan drawings that show such detail as rivet placement on italian aircraft. In particular, I am interested in such drawings for such aircraft as the Macchi 200-205, Fiat G. 50 & 55, Regianne 2000-2005. Are there some monographs with these drawings that would have this detail in them?

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Eric, try Rick (Riccardo Trotta), he may have or know of someone who has the plan drawings you're looking for.

Mirek Riha
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Mirek Riha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi all

my friend Martin Cerny created riveting plan for G-55 (from photos and plans from Ali).

If you are interested I can send it (pdf format).

Mirek

scapleplastic
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by scapleplastic » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:37 pm

hello! the factory drawings for assembly and plans for the macchi 202/205 are available. not sure that many rivets were poking out. i have started the tauro kit..... i was going to build it right out of the box but there is no way i can leave the fin and rudder in the shape they came. who knows what else. a very strange complicated kit with an attempt at super detail but then really sloppy work otherwise. the sequence of assembly will never work. use the instructions to keep track of the parts but the fuselage will not go together with the assembled interior. it needs to be loaded from the bottom into the assembled fuselage. great looking wing, but the fuselage has hugely oversize panel lines. looks like more than one person worked on the mold.one of them was not as skilled. james.

scapleplastic

Post by scapleplastic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:31 pm

hello again. i cannot recommend the squadron mc-205 walk around enough. a super detail production. very intimate.