Classic Airframes CR.42

Post in-progress or completed model pics here
Post Reply
User avatar
Luftwoller
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 am
Location: Bournemouth UK

Classic Airframes CR.42

Post by Luftwoller » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 am

Hi again, (Your going to get bored of my posts), Here is my Classic airframes CR.42. I built the kit out of the box, and what a splendid box of bits it was. That is untill we came across the struts. I used Mike Grants Smoke ring decals which worked amazingly well. Anyhoo, enough gab,
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
...Guy
'Your a disgrace to the male Genus, I'm ashamed to call myself Homo!'.......Hubert J Farnsworth (Futurama)

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2366
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:53 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Editor » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:06 am

Beautiful job! I've always liked the CR.42 in this camo scheme. Thank you for sharing.
Image

User avatar
GAJouette
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Southern U.S

Post by GAJouette » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Guy,
Bore us ,no way my friend.Excellent project.Are there any in progress photos to share?
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

User avatar
Luftwoller
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 am
Location: Bournemouth UK

Post by Luftwoller » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:33 pm

You want in progress? You couldnt handle in progress.....Ok LOL,
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
...Guy
'Your a disgrace to the male Genus, I'm ashamed to call myself Homo!'.......Hubert J Farnsworth (Futurama)

User avatar
D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:49 am
Location: Ploumoguer,Brittany.

Post by D520 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:48 pm

May be you should open the cooling opening at the wing roots and make the semi oval exit at the wing root end to make your model more accurate and make the breda MG a bit longer than how they are on the model. Regards and thanks for sharing. jean.

User avatar
Luftwoller
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 am
Location: Bournemouth UK

Post by Luftwoller » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

I only found out about the openings at the root after it was built. If i do another i will make it more accurate. I dont think ive seen a pic of the length of the M/C guns. Is it much out?
...Guy
'Your a disgrace to the male Genus, I'm ashamed to call myself Homo!'.......Hubert J Farnsworth (Futurama)

Post Reply