Fiat CR42, 97a Squadriglia

Post in-progress or completed model pics here
Dave Bayliss
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Dave Bayliss » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks Gregory for your kind words. I took the camouflage pattern from photographs, trying to be authentic. However, if I had referred to the Color Guide section of this website first, I could have used a more regular pattern, at least for the verde jagged shapes. I haven't a fine enough airbrush nozzle really to do all the shapes in 1/72nd scale, but I am experimenting with using self-made masks. I brush painted the pattern, trying to keep the paint well thinned and am fairly well pleased with the finished job. However, I am always trying to improve my work and, when I can use it, an airbrush does give better results. My local hobby shop is not very good for anything other than the more common kits and paint. I use a good on-line shop for most things, but you can't really see the product or discuss it's merits on line! I would get a better airbrush, but I don't want to buy on-line, paying a lot of money, and then find the results are no better. My airbrush is top loading, which working in 1/72nd with the small amounts of paint one is using I find the best. I would be interested in other peoples views on the various types/makes of airbrush.
Cheers, Dave. :)
There's so much left to learn and no one left to fight.