Presentation - Bf109K4 Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana (National Republican Air Force)

Post in-progress or completed model pics here
Aeronauticissimo
Pilota

Presentation - Bf109K4 Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana (National Republican Air Force)

Post by Aeronauticissimo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:30 am

Hi everyone, my Name is Mattia (aka Aeronauticissimo). I'm a newby in this forum and I hope to meet a lot of enthusiasts as me by the history of italian air forces through the years.
As you could imagine from the wip title, I'm actually working on a ANR Bf109K4. I started with a Revell 1:72 G10 kit and I worked a lot to improve it and convert it to a slightly acceptable K4.
I decided to reproduce the W.Nr 330209, probably the last ANR K-4 witnessed by a picture. Also some of you could already know, 3 ANR Bf109K are reported thanks to the notes of an ANR pilot.
As you could see i put german insignas instead of the republican ones just because in the already mentioned picture the aircraft was just assigned to the air force. The next one will wear ANR markings, I promise.
Here some photos of my little work, I hope you all like it! :)
Have a nice day,
Mattia.

Edit: could somebody help me to post the wip pictures...please :|
Thank you all!

davenport49
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Re: Presentation - Bf109K4 Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana (National Republican Air Force)

Post by davenport49 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:02 am

Welcome, Mattia. I look forward to seeing your work. I joined the forum not that long ago, and this is how I learned to post my work:

I'll pass along what another member shared with me about posting -
You want your photos to be a maximum of 1500 pixels. You can upload them to this web site, https://postimages.org/ which can resize them if you need. You can then include the links in your forum post.

I think that's correct; Vince let me know if I'm mistaken. This was the info I got from Richard some time back.

I hope this helps. I look forward to your posts.

Aeronauticissimo
Pilota

Re: Presentation - Bf109K4 Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana (National Republican Air Force)

Post by Aeronauticissimo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:47 am

davenport49 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:02 am
Welcome, Mattia. I look forward to seeing your work. I joined the forum not that long ago, and this is how I learned to post my work:

I'll pass along what another member shared with me about posting -
You want your photos to be a maximum of 1500 pixels. You can upload them to this web site, https://postimages.org/ which can resize them if you need. You can then include the links in your forum post.

I think that's correct; Vince let me know if I'm mistaken. This was the info I got from Richard some time back.

I hope this helps. I look forward to your posts.
Thank you for you suggestion! I'll try to follow your advice :)

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:40 pm

Hi Mattia and Welcome to Stormo! I look forward to seeing your work on a very interesting subject. In regard to loading your images, Richard's post sums it up well. Most people use https://postimages.org to load their images there and then use a link that's provided by postimages.org to paste into this forum using [img] tags. Let me know if you have any other questions. If you're still having trouble email me the images and I'll post them for you.

Aeronauticissimo
Pilota

Post by Aeronauticissimo » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:32 am

Hello everybody, I finally understood the way to post the pics...
First of all, the subject:

Then, the awful kit...my god what a terrible kit...

Replacement parts...

New seat on its place...

Modified rudder to make it more realistic (this exemplar had only one trim onthe rudder and it was slightly rounded on the lower part):

I replaced the terrible oil-radiator fairing and i improved the detail level:

Then I opened the wheel bay doors:

Main camouflage steps. Chosen colors: RLM76-75-83

Swastika and Werknummer...

Seatbelts!

First part of the work... :)

Thank you all for the precious advices!

davenport49

Post by davenport49 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:17 am

I'm really impressed that someone can do great work in 1/72 first; then to recognize and correct the errors really has my respect! Beautiful. Glad you're part of the forum. Look forward to seeing more of your skills.

Aeronauticissimo
Pilota

Post by Aeronauticissimo » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:35 am

davenport49 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:17 am
I'm really impressed that someone can do great work in 1/72 first; then to recognize and correct the errors really has my respect! Beautiful. Glad you're part of the forum. Look forward to seeing more of your skills.
Thank you very much, it's a pleasure inspiring other modellers and recieving compliments :)
(Very nice the Sm84 as personal avatar!)

Photos of the new installed spinner on the ogive...

Have a nice day,
Mattia.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:41 pm

Great job so far, looking forward to seeing the completed model.

Aeronauticissimo
Pilota

Post by Aeronauticissimo » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:29 am

Hello everyone, after so much time I can proudly say that the K-4 has finally been completed.
Follow some pics...

See you next build :wave:

davenport49

Post by davenport49 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:32 am

Thanks for the update, Mattia. Looks great! :thumbup:

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:36 am

Hi Mattia, glad you were able to sort out posting photos on Stormo. Great job in a difficult scale and a fascinating subject. If you find some time send in a short write up for the Gallery.