Post in-progress or completed model pics here
RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Nice Spray Work...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:07 pm

Editor wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:37 am
Well done no overspary, it looks great and the color matching looks really good, VITO chart colors. When you're done applying the camo I would weather the panel lines to highlight detail.
...Too bad I didn't know about VITO Charts when resumed building Regia Aeronautica modeling subjects after fall 1978! Circa 1982 IPMS-USA Quartely published Giorgio Apostolo's CMPR Humbrol equivalents, employed them for my three 1990 SUPERMODEL Macchi C.202 builds had kept "sealed in plastic" display box till given away along with my entire model collection to the apartment complex maintenance chief. Video capture of the collection 12:08 p.m. June 16, 2021 an hour before delivery:

Kriss
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Re: S.M.79 – II „Sparviero” 1:48 Trumpeter

Post by Kriss » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:19 am

I finished last night and forgive me but I didn't want to post anymore, I was too sleepy. For now the camouflage has been applied at the ready, I still have to use the paint masks and decals.

Ps. Thanks for the hints.

Kriss
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Kriss » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:53 pm

The painting of the markings from the masks as well as the laying of the decals was successful, not everything had to be painted from the masks. The end is near so it is high time to look around for the next model.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:53 am

It looks excellent, beautiful job so far!

Kriss
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Kriss » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 am

Model completed, I know there are some inaccuracies but I wanted to do it straight from the box. In summary the build went smoothly, the parts fitted together, a pleasure. Now I have one more "Sparviero" model waiting for me, but this one will be from the EDUARD kit. The last photo is in the workshop and for the rest I invite you to the gallery.

RetiredInKalifornia

Nice Work...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am

...always had "issues" building the 1/7nd scale Airfix Sparviero kit, too bad the Italeri one wasn't available during 1980s, absolutely would had loved building it then! The 1/50th Artiplast kit was on sale at a handful of Sacramento, CA hobby stores during 1960s, too bad didn't buy one, store away & build later when sufficient research info & 1/48th scale aftermarket decals were avalable, not sure if any 1/50th ones ever were produced.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:27 pm

Beautiful work, outstanding. Send in a short article.

Kriss
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Kriss » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:09 am

Another model completed and the photos are going to the gallery, S.M. 79-II "Sparviero", 283 squadriglia, 130 gruppo autonoma, Mediterranean 1942. welcome to the gallery.

Kriss
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Re: Nice Work...

Post by Kriss » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 am

RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am
...always had "issues" building the 1/7nd scale Airfix Sparviero kit, too bad the Italeri one wasn't available during 1980s, absolutely would had loved building it then! The 1/50th Artiplast kit was on sale at a handful of Sacramento, CA hobby stores during 1960s, too bad didn't buy one, store away & build later when sufficient research info & 1/48th scale aftermarket decals were avalable, not sure if any 1/50th ones ever were produced.
I am currently clearing out my stock of models that have accumulated over the years and now rarely buy models. A long time ago I had very ambitious plans for models but life has verified them even positively. Documentation is also becoming more and more available and more detailed, but there is always a detail of a model that will not let up during construction. I am just getting started with the M.C. 200 "Saete" of the first series but I will write about this in a separate topic.

RetiredInKalifornia

Know What Y'all Mean...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 am

Kriss wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 am
RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am
I am currently clearing out my stock of models that have accumulated over the years and now rarely buy models. A long time ago I had very ambitious plans for models but life has verified them even positively. Documentation is also becoming more and more available and more detailed, but there is always a detail of a model that will not let up during construction. I am just getting started with the M.C. 200 "Saete" of the first series but I will write about this in a separate topic.
...c.1988 had dozen Revell C.200 kits wanted to build, gave near all away within couple of years, another 45-plus 1/72nd scale Luftwaffe & Armee d'l Air kits, include a rare Australian High Planes Douglas DB-7, to Viking Hobbies Sacramento for resale few years ago, 624 kits of many kinds when cleaned out the late folks house for estate sale in November 2015, including another High Planes DB-7! In June 1969 gave away number of unbuilt Airfix & L&S Models kits, including a Japanese Army Air Force Ki-109 had wanted to build, but just lost interest in modeling to "chase & ride" California transit buses (rode 75%-plus of the then multi-county Southern California Rapid Transit District system 1969-1974 all lines of which no longer exist) as my "hobby" til 1978 when returned to scale model building.