Fiat G-55 Flying machines (Special hobby) 1/48

Post in-progress or completed model pics here
Martin Glogar
Pilota

Post by Martin Glogar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi everybody and mary Xmas :D

about your compliments: thank you very, very, very much, I'm pleased you like my kit :D

about my washing and weathering techniques:
- Tamiya acrylic paints - base tone of green and grey, lighter shade in the middle of panels, darker shades around scribing, a lot of lighter and darker patches all over the surface, big contrast
- wash made by mixture of green, black and brown (up) and dark grey and brown (down) Tamiya enamel paint thin by Tamiya X-20 enamel thinner
- filtres - made by brown Tamiya enamel paint and thinner and dark green Tamiya enamel thinner and paint, made all over the surface (make for damping down contrasts of wash too) first and on some panels again
- patches made by dark green and brown oil paints 502Abteilung (thin by Mig thinner for washes) and airbrush - make for creating interesting surface
- fading - made by 502Abteilung oil pants (green, brown, white, yellow), Mig thinner for washes and plain brush, big contrasts

about my faults, especially base of wing guns :D :
- I know about this, I must confess, I was too lazy to repair it...my fiat has many mistakes, but It's model made by short run technology, building of this kit was not so easy and I wanted to have this kit done as soon as possible, so I have to reconcile with some mistakes :D

(and sorry for my bad English :roll: )

Mike Powell
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by Mike Powell » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:22 am

Any one know the function of the small upright object just in front of the radio mast on the G.55? I've seen it in plans and believe the CA kit provided such, but it seems absent from the SH offering. I'm guessing it may be a vent for the fuel tank.

Yours,

Mike Powell

Capitano
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Capitano » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 am

Martin,

I see you use Tamiya paints. They seem to get a bad rap on other model sites but I have used them with spectacular results, just as you have on your G.55. Two Tamiya items I use that I think are very good products are the Fine Surface Primer and the X20A Thinner. My thinking is if you are going to use Tamiya paints then you should use Tamiya primer and thinner. That way there are no compatibility problems.

Nino
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Nino » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Yes i have to agree on the tones and colouring! Great work!

Can anyone tell me if the SH G.55 1/48 kit also has parts for the later version into 1944 or is this model based primarily on the first production batch?
Antonio
Forza (G.55)

GAJouette
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by GAJouette » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Nino,
I'm taking a shot in the dark here as I don't have the kit right in front me.If memory serves me the S/H kit is the early Sottoserie 0 G-55.I could be wrong so I'll check the kit as soon as I get home again.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Nino
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Nino » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi Gregory,

Yes it is the early 0 Series but i have a feeling that some parts are allocated for the later production batch Centauro.

Your assistance will be much appreciated?
Antonio
Forza (G.55)

GAJouette

Post by GAJouette » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:36 am

Nino wrote:Hi Gregory,

Yes it is the early 0 Series but i have a feeling that some parts are allocated for the later production batch Centauro.

Your assistance will be much appreciated?
Nino,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.After checking my S/H G-55's box I'd agree with you that some of the parts are for later versions.My kit includes fuselages with early and late style rudders as well as two nose sections with and without the lower nose .50 cal. MG's.Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

GAJouette

Post by GAJouette » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 am

Martin,
Congratulation on a well done weathering job.The sun fading of your top side paint is outstanding as well as the rest of your G-55.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Nino
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Nino » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for getting back to me! I thought that was the case. I have 2 of these kits in storage at the moment and plan to get to them soon.
Antonio
Forza (G.55)