Christopher Columbus Statues Taken Down

Discuss current events and headline stories, stock market trends, investing, the War on Terrorism, Border Security, the War in Iraq and Afghanistan
Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:54 pm

I'm not an American but this felt like a gut punch. And where was the Italian community while this was happening like in NYC where Italian-Americans surrounded the statute of Christopher Columbus in downtown New York?

Ordered by an ignorant mayor of Chicago who couldn't care less about what that statue signifies. Italian-Americans should put those statutes back up whatever the consequences.

Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Brigata Aerea

And...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Editor wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:54 pm
I'm not an American but this felt like a gut punch. And where was the Italian community while this was happening like in NYC where Italian-Americans surrounded the statute of Christopher Columbus in downtown New York?

Ordered by an ignorant mayor of Chicago who couldn't care less about what that statue signifies. Italian-Americans should put those statutes back up whatever the consequences.

...The Queen Isabella/Columbus statue inside the California State Capitol building well as the John Sutter statue outside the 1983-new Sutter General Hospital 28th & L Streets Sacramento (I'd lived at 24th & Q Streets whilst it was being built) were removed, former in place I think for over 100 years. Martin Luther King will be next, was lifelong Republican do believe.

The BLM-ers don't like statues anyway, they well as I know any BLM statues will be defaced by their Maoist brethren, not by evil conservatives. This anti-history mania I'd seen before 50 years ago, difference then no elected anybody readily cowered to woke mobsters much less become part of it ala the clowns running Oregon, Illinois & Kalifornicatia just naming a few, three generations of radicals later this BS is all we're getting Trump virtually alone opposing it at the Federal level.

Good friend of mind again is getting wobbly over Trump not having "enough support", reminded her how ever more dire it was for him 4 years ago literally by the day, its either him or Sub Basement Bunker Joe, he for all intents The Invisible Candidate of what I seriously believe will be a renamed Democratic Party after November 3rd; when JFK is chucked by BLM y'all know its The End Of The Donkey, FDR, HST, LBJ, Carter, Clinton and absolutely yes Obama coming before him.
Original Art Rendered 1997

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christopher Columbus Statues Taken Down

Post by Editor » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Multiculturalism and multi-racial harmony are failed ideas of the left, it leads to this. If indeed the US breaks down into a racial war, something it seems BLM wants, there won't be any colored people left in the US because the silent majority won't remain silent for very much longer. Italian-Americans, the younger people, need to organize a couple thousand people, and they can do this, they do it all the time in parades and summer events celebrating their heritage, they need to get into the streets and put those statues back up.
Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia

There WILL NOT Be A "Race War" In U.S.A.

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Editor wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Multiculturalism and multi-racial harmony are failed ideas of the left, it leads to this. If indeed the US breaks down into a racial war, something it seems BLM wants, there won't be any colored people left in the US because the silent majority won't remain silent for very much longer. Italian-Americans, the younger people, need to organize a couple thousand people, and they can do this, they do it all the time in parades and summer events celebrating their heritage, they need to get into the streets and put those statues back up.
BLM despite reportedly having US $1.5 Billion in "assets" donated to them by Woke Liberals, including George Soros whom USDOJ soon otta be up on RICO Racketeering charges, they and their mostly privileged white ANTIFA cohorts absolutely doesn't have "the numbers" to do anything more than cause chaos ONLY in US cities dominated by far left Democrats ala Sacramento 33-odd miles west of me. Let me say this without equivocation; 50 years ago right now "things political" here were yet more dire:
  • Deep South still unchanged since Reconstruction,
  • School Bussing Getting Underway (1974 Boston riots over that),
  • Black Militancy "Off The Pigs" full bore ala Black Panthers (BLM doesn't compare whatsoever to them, trust me!),
  • Vietnam still going,
  • College riots (do remember those!),
  • Cultural confusion underway, e.g. 1969 Stonewall Riots, Rise Of Modern Feminism, Transgender Rights - yep, that too in July 1970
all on top of great rock music, still watchable Hollywood films, readable books drenched in leftist ideology and least we forget Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, Fidel Castro, Leonid Brezhnev "stirring the pot" from over the Bamboo, "Killing Fields" Rice, Cuban Cigar & Iron Curtains!

Yep, I'd survived all that and more since, major difference then from now is thoroughly corrupt News Media doing everything and anything possible legal or no to bring down The Orange Man Trump. Will flatly say so now and again on Election Day November 3, 2020, Trump WILL be re-elected, Republicans WILL get back the House, WILL keep the Senate (may loose 1-2 seats though), bank on that :!: More later as events unfold.

P.S. DID get a haircut couple weeks ago from my local hair salon, first time since February, Praying To God Gavin Newsom doesn't shut all of them down :twisted:
Last edited by RetiredInKalifornia on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: There WILL NOT Be A "Race War" In U.S.A.

Post by Editor » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:22 pm

RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Will flatly say so now and again on Election Day November 3, 2020, Trump WILL be re-elected, Republicans WILL get back the House, WILL keep the Senate (may loose 1-2 seats though), bank on that :!:
I hope you're right, just don't forget the left steal elections e.g., JFK stole an election from Nixon and Trump almost got impeached over a fake Russian collusion scandal that the Democrats are still pushing. I agree the majority of Americans support Trump + law & order but not if the radical left has its way e.g., mail in ballots, illegals voting, voter fraud etc.
Vince Tassone

RetiredInKalifornia

He WILL Be...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Editor wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:22 pm
RetiredInKalifornia wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Will flatly say so now and again on Election Day November 3, 2020, Trump WILL be re-elected, Republicans WILL get back the House, WILL keep the Senate (may loose 1-2 seats though), bank on that :!:
I hope you're right, just don't forget the left steal elections e.g., JFK stole an election from Nixon and Trump almost got impeached over a fake Russian collusion scandal that the Democrats are still pushing. I agree the majority of Americans support Trump + law & order but not if the radical left has its way e.g., mail in ballots, illegals voting, voter fraud etc.
...Not only that it'll be the biggest stunner since Nixon's 1972 landslide over George McGovern though won't be a 49 state sweep, those forever gone methinks. Republicans better be in full combat readiness come September 1st in states they have to win else all organized party politics is in peril! I've been voting absentee nearly 10 years, depositing ballots in secured County Elections Department deposit boxes is one way to go in areas noted for rampant fraud, most worry I hear of are conservative suburban areas in leftist counties being undercounted, do hope folks are on the watch for that!