Reggiane Re 2005 Sagittario Interior colours

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
dennismcc
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Reggiane Re 2005 Sagittario Interior colours

Post by dennismcc » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi My first post here, I am not very knowlegeable about Italian WW2 colours, I am currently building a PCM 1/32 scale Re 2005 and from looking through this site and others I have come up with the following:
Upper surfaces - Verde Oliva Scuro 2
Undersides - Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1
Simple enough, but the interior colours are another matter, I am leaning towards Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1 for the cockpit, wheel wells (main and tail) from information gleaned on the web and in other publications I have come up with the following.
Looking at internet photos and descriptions the surviving Re 2005 fuselage section has a green interior which would make life simple as I have a Mike Starmer Verde Anticorrosione mix all ready to go, but reading a post on this site states that the interior and exterior have been repainted so green is probably incorrect and as the Re 2005 was built late on in the war it so should have come under the Tavola 10 specifications which would indicate grey.
But this post is from 2007, is there any information newer than this ?
So it should really be grey then unless the aircraft were built in a hurry using existing stocks of green paint.

All help appreciated

Cheers

Dennis

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reggiane Re 2005 Sagittario Interior colours

Post by Editor » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:28 am

That pretty much sums up the interior colors of this plane as we know it today. The issue is we don't have artifacts for the interior cockpits of this plane as we do for the C.202/C.205V and G.55, so we have to go by what the specifications were for painting these planes and the paints supplied to Reggiane (there were only 29 completed).

For the Re.2005, the wheel wells, doors main and tailwheel interiors are GAC1 from photos. Here's Brioschi's drawing:

The only surviving potion of a Re.2005 is the rear fuselage of MM.092352. Note that access hatch interior color in the top photo and the opposite hatch on the starboard side interior of the fuselage.

And a drawing of the interior cockpit of the Re.2005 in ADI #16.

The cockpit should have received an application of a Reggiane anticorrosion paint (grayish in tone) finished with a GAC1 painted over it.

See the color guide:
https://www.stormomagazine.com/RegiaAer ... 0Interiors

Here's Jean's build which is the most accurate build of this plane on this site:
https://www.stormomagazine.com/ModelArt ... JB_1a.html

dennismcc
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Re: Reggiane Re 2005 Sagittario Interior colours

Post by dennismcc » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:22 am

Thank you Vince, great information, I'll be breaking out the airbrush in the next couple of days.

Thank you

Cheers

Dennis